Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Hawaii > Maui
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-28-2007, 10:59 PM

201 posts, read 1,282,494 times

Advertisements

Does anybody have any stories, or info on this place?
I have heard its also called "Harbor Frights", lol.

I was born there, but we moved when I was 2 to the mainland (I was born in 1989) My Mom said it was really bad, even compared to Inglewood CA (Where we moved next) I have never been back. We have like 5 pics of my family in front of our place/ in the place.

Ive been told by some ppl I know who are from Maui that its really notorious in a negative connotation, but they have cleaned it up alot sense I lived there.

I just really wanted to re-discover my roots, sense I have up to this point never gone back. I wanna visit one day. Despite the negatives of being originally from "Harbor Frights" the pics I have seen of the scenery are beyond breathtaking and amazing.

Thanks dudes.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-30-2007, 12:36 AM

86 posts, read 373,136 times
Are you considering Harbor Lights your roots? or Wailuku? or Maui? Harbor Lights is, obviously, just a small part of the town, and an even smaller part of the island. Some of the condos have been fixed up and are nice, but over-all it is still lower-end. It is also right next to the harbor, so the smells can be bad. That's about all I know. Good luck finding all your "roots".

Old 07-30-2007, 09:50 PM

201 posts, read 1,282,494 times
Moderator cut: unneccesary comment
I just wanted to know about the place I was born in, and lived for the beginning of my life, that I have never gotten to visit sense.
I have no memory of the place, and I am constantly told about it by family, who lived there with me in the mid 80's-early90's so I was wanting to know what it was like in the 00's.

And yes I do plan to one day visit there, and see it. Mostly I just wanna go to Hawaii, but the place of my essence and beginning is important to me and who I am.

Last edited by SunnyKayak; 08-03-2007 at 02:49 PM.. Reason: rude comment

Old 07-30-2007, 09:54 PM

86 posts, read 373,136 times
[ was trying to be helpful since no one else had posted a reply. And I really was wishing you good luck. Guess I should have added a smiley face or something.

Last edited by SunnyKayak; 08-03-2007 at 02:50 PM.. Reason: post in reference has been edited
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Hawaii > Maui