Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Hawaii > Maui
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-23-2012, 02:38 PM

67 posts, read 126,919 times

Advertisements

Craigsline2000- so glad the price of gas went down, looks like it made a huge difference for your shipping fees! That's so cool! Have a safe trip!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-25-2012, 09:05 PM

7 posts, read 8,367 times
PalmerPhotography ... It's all coming together, Aug. 24 is looking like the move day. All that is needed now is someone else to share the container and costs with, would be great although at this point, We just want to get there

Old 07-26-2012, 09:48 PM

67 posts, read 126,919 times
Hopefully we'll meet up on island side! Safe travels!

Old 08-12-2012, 05:03 PM

1 posts, read 1,319 times
Hi Craigsline! August 24th? Wish I would have found your post sooner. I am relocating to Maui (from Seattle - North Bend) late September/early October. Do you still have room in your container and want to share/split price? I will have about two full rooms of stuff, hardly any furniture at all, just our belongings (me and my son). However, since this is a little soon for me, I'm not sure where on Maui our stuff can be stored until we get there. Does anyone have ideas about this?

Thanks!
Kelly

Old 08-15-2012, 01:31 PM

7 posts, read 8,367 times
Default Shipping container to Maui

Hi Kelly:

OH great so glad you wrote. Yes we will have plenty of room in the container, more then enough space for your items. So this is where we are in the moving process ... I have the container being dropped at our place, downtown Seattle, on the 24th of August (Friday) and picked up later that same day to be placed on the ship going out the following Sunday 8-26. It should arrive approximately on September 10th in Maui and we plan on placing everything in storage for 1 to 2 months (very close to the airport in Maui) and will have more details on that later in the week.
The cost... at this point.. door to door is $2608.00 for the 20' container .. not a bad price and $1074.00 for our vehicle (even if we stuffed it in the container it would still cost an additional $1074.00).

I sure hope the timing on this will work for you, my job starts on the 24th of Sept. and we are leaving Seattle on the 8th of September.

Thanks
Craig & Mia

Old 09-26-2012, 03:28 PM

7 posts, read 7,349 times
Smile share a container

Quote:
Originally Posted by kelkee View Post
Hi Craigsline! August 24th? Wish I would have found your post sooner. I am relocating to Maui (from Seattle - North Bend) late September/early October. Do you still have room in your container and want to share/split price? I will have about two full rooms of stuff, hardly any furniture at all, just our belongings (me and my son). However, since this is a little soon for me, I'm not sure where on Maui our stuff can be stored until we get there. Does anyone have ideas about this?

Thanks!
Kelly

Hi, I am shipping 2 pallets of car parts/tools to Maui in Oct. and need to spit a container or share space. all of my stuff is in Yucca Valley,CA if we can put this together or maybe find a 3rd party that would be great??? let me know??? maybe we can get the container moved around and ship either out of OR./WA or LongBeach??? cost to ship these palets is over a grand be cheaper to split a container with someone??? I live here on Maui allready if you need to find a storage facility I can recomend a few???
let me know???
Thanks,Ricky

Old 09-28-2012, 05:19 AM

1,730 posts, read 3,822,633 times
Rickyhazard, the OP of this thread opened with, "Does anyone have a shipping container going to Maui in September 2012". Since Sept is about over, probably many new readers won't bother reading past that line. You will have better luck trying to work up an agreement by starting a new thread.

Old 10-12-2012, 03:45 AM

7 posts, read 7,349 times
Thanks will do....
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Hawaii > Maui
View detailed profiles of: