Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Hawaii > Maui
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-28-2013, 04:15 PM

1,730 posts, read 3,822,633 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by maui-intoxicated View Post
... with their ridiculously large lenses.. .
Oh I wish I had one of those myself!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-10-2013, 08:10 PM

4 posts, read 12,614 times
How did that work out for u? were in the beginning stages of moving, just had our kitty FAVN test sent to Kansas...its a lot of work, hope it pans out for both of us, c u at Costco

Old 04-11-2013, 08:28 AM

280 posts, read 474,362 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mauigirl2 View Post
How did that work out for u? were in the beginning stages of moving, just had our kitty FAVN test sent to Kansas...its a lot of work, hope it pans out for both of us, c u at Costco

LOL! I don't know what everyone's obsession is with CostCo. I'm sure my wife will be shopping there...and I will inherently be drug along.

I'm still waiting to get a read on my companies performance this quarter... If the CEO has some positive things to say to me on Monday I am putting my house on the market and will begin planning more in-depth. I would anticipate we could get out there as soon as the blood work is done on my doggie. Right now he is kind of recovering from some surgeries so we are in a little holding pattern for multiple reasons. I am driven and determined so we are definitely heading there but I don't want to get too emotionally involved quite yet.

The homes in my nieghborhood have been selling in a day...even my realtor said I should be prepared for a quick sale so this might happen sooner than Fall like I was originally anticipating and aiming for.

The 6-12" of snow we are getting right now makes the decision a lot easier.

Seya at CostCo!

Old 04-11-2013, 11:19 PM

337 posts, read 615,310 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by maui-intoxicated View Post
LOL! I don't know what everyone's obsession is with CostCo. I'm sure my wife will be shopping there...and I will inherently be drug along.

I'm still waiting to get a read on my companies performance this quarter... If the CEO has some positive things to say to me on Monday I am putting my house on the market and will begin planning more in-depth. I would anticipate we could get out there as soon as the blood work is done on my doggie. Right now he is kind of recovering from some surgeries so we are in a little holding pattern for multiple reasons. I am driven and determined so we are definitely heading there but I don't want to get too emotionally involved quite yet.

The homes in my neighborhood have been selling in a day...even my realtor said I should be prepared for a quick sale so this might happen sooner than Fall like I was originally anticipating and aiming for.

The 6-12" of snow we are getting right now makes the decision a lot easier.

Seya at CostCo!
lol @ the Costco trip. Although its true, the two places I meet up with old friends are usually at Costco or at a Starbucks. And our Target store might have laid the foundations by the time you get over here, though I'm not quite sure what Target sells, atleast its something new right?

Best of luck.

Old 04-12-2013, 07:19 AM

280 posts, read 474,362 times
Target is a direct competitor to WalMart...at least here in the Midwest and other parts of the Mainland.

That's great Maui is getting one as competition never hurts anyone. You will have Cost-Co, Wal-Mart and Target competing against each other which should lower the price of some common consumer goods. Plus there will be more selection.

Target is a Fortune 100 company based in Minneapolis, MN. I would shop there strictly because it employs a ton of my friends and family here in Minnesota. We have Targets everywhere in Minnesota, usually RIGHT NEXT TO the Wal-Marts. I have a Super Target about 1mile from my home and the grocery prices are usually cheaper than that of our "foodmarts" or big-box grocers.

Target tends to brand "cleaner" than a Wal-Mart if that makes sense... making Wal-Mart's stores and shelves look subpar for whatever reason. They try to create a cozy or "aloha" shopping experience and everyone is a GUEST, not a customer so I can definitely see why they are heading to Hawaii.

Target coming to Maui should probably be a thread of its own...that's huge news for you guys and it shows me how Maui is definitely becoming a bit more umm "urbanized".

Old 04-12-2013, 01:31 PM

337 posts, read 615,310 times
If someone wants to post it go ahead, although the original article said 2014, the title has been changed to 2015, so I guess 2 years from now =P. Its going to be right next to the Zippys, and right around the block from Walmart.

Target To Open Store on Maui in 2015 | Maui Now

That Puunene/Dairy road intersection will be crazy if they don't do something about that road by then.

I'm waiting for that Fry's, and oh an In and Out burger too while I have a wishlist.

Old 04-27-2013, 03:07 AM

805 posts, read 1,512,687 times
A lot of posts have been written about the grass NOT being greener. It is all in your imagination that Maui holds some magic charm. It happened to me!

Realistically, you will find there are some things you miss. You can't wonder what they are now because you have no idea until you move and after you have settled down here. It might take 3 years before you realize what you miss. Or more. Or perhaps you won't miss anything!

But life here is far from perfect. In fact, I have found more things that bug me here than some of the places I lived before. Paradise really is in our minds. Maui triggers a fantasy we hold and keeps us craving for the dream!

I have learned to continue to enjoy Maui in spite of some of the things that I dislike, which I won't get into because I have written about it ad nauseum already. I know if I ever leave, I will miss many wonderful things about this place. There is something to miss about every place in the world. To me, it's not either Maui or a miserable existence.

Old 04-30-2013, 10:19 AM

569 posts, read 782,807 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MitchTempo View Post
If someone wants to post it go ahead, although the original article said 2014, the title has been changed to 2015, so I guess 2 years from now =P. Its going to be right next to the Zippys, and right around the block from Walmart.

Target To Open Store on Maui in 2015 | Maui Now

That Puunene/Dairy road intersection will be crazy if they don't do something about that road by then.

I'm waiting for that Fry's, and oh an In and Out burger too while I have a wishlist.
I didn't know Target was coming. Like intoxicated says, it's good news. Best way I can describe it: It's basically an upscale Wal-Mart the way Wal-Mart is an upscale K-Mart.

They have nicer stuff and they keep it cleaner and tidier.

Old 05-12-2013, 09:48 AM

1,823 posts, read 2,287,817 times
Maui-intoxicated, could you post an update how things are going with your move. Were you approved to work remotely? We also live in the the Twin Cities in Minnesota. My wife and I are looking to retire somewhere warm in a few years, Hawaii is included, although it might not be too practical for a number of reasons. The climate is great, the cost of living is a downer, but not a deal killer. We plan on vacationing there this fall or winter to check it out. In a few years, perhaps some extended stays renting in the winter. Maybe you'll be moved over there by then.

Old 05-12-2013, 06:02 PM

7 posts, read 13,706 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by aqua0 View Post
A lot of posts have been written about the grass NOT being greener. It is all in your imagination that Maui holds some magic charm. It happened to me!

Realistically, you will find there are some things you miss. You can't wonder what they are now because you have no idea until you move and after you have settled down here. It might take 3 years before you realize what you miss. Or more. Or perhaps you won't miss anything!

But life here is far from perfect. In fact, I have found more things that bug me here than some of the places I lived before. Paradise really is in our minds. Maui triggers a fantasy we hold and keeps us craving for the dream!

I have learned to continue to enjoy Maui in spite of some of the things that I dislike, which I won't get into because I have written about it ad nauseum already. I know if I ever leave, I will miss many wonderful things about this place. There is something to miss about every place in the world. To me, it's not either Maui or a miserable existence.
Could you elaborate on the things the bug you?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Hawaii > Maui