Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Hawaii > Maui
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-02-2007, 11:42 PM

8,256 posts, read 17,363,645 times

Advertisements

Hi everybody.

I am visiting Lanai this winter with my mom-I'm a teenager. I know there's not much to do no the island, but where are some good places to go for tourists.

Also, it's for her work, so they booked her flight, but not mine. We have the same one of LAX to Honolulu, but to Lanai, hers leaves 3 hours earlier. Is it safe for a 15 y.o. male to wait that long in the airport?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-05-2007, 09:37 AM

1,178 posts, read 5,945,075 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jessemh431 View Post
Hi everybody.

We have the same one of LAX to Honolulu, but to Lanai, hers leaves 3 hours earlier. Is it safe for a 15 y.o. male to wait that long in the airport?
Honolulu airport is pretty safe, but I'd call the airline you are on from HNL to Lanai, and ask what are the possibilities of your moving to the earlier flight (if you and your mom are flying the same airline). Inter-island flights are pretty flexible.

Hank

Old 11-05-2007, 12:29 PM

1,375 posts, read 6,306,760 times
My thought as well...it is often possible to go stand-by on an earlier flight. The only concern, if you make the change at the airport in HNL, is your checked luggage. I've seen this cause some confusion, so be sure you ask what to expect when you are making the arrangements.

Old 11-05-2007, 05:35 PM

8,256 posts, read 17,363,645 times
well, i'm already on standby, but the flight was booked by her company for her in advance along with all the other business people. so, as it stands, the flight is full with her co-workers, so I wouldn't expect many cancellations since they were all made through one company.

Old 11-06-2007, 03:28 AM

3 posts, read 11,498 times
Things to do in Lanai:

-ATV tours
-Horsback riding
-Hiking
-Skeetshooting
-Golf
-Hangout at the Manele beach
-Fishing

Thats it, bring a PSP or a portable DVD player because its a quiet and rual town if you need more entertainment than listed above.

Also you have to transfer terminals from your arrival from LAX to the interisland terminal. Its pretty safe because its just one large room. There is only one small bar/restaurant so you'll be bored out of your mind for 3 hours.

You'll get a kickout of flying in the small propeller planes if you have never rode in one before.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Hawaii > Maui