Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Hawaii > Maui
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-05-2021, 04:50 PM

219 posts, read 566,422 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by trinity1111 View Post
I would suggest for anyone planning a trip to Maui to wait until the 'pent-up' demand subsides, and until there's more rent-a cars on the island.
Also, be aware that many hotels and restaurants lack employees and yet demand for services are at almost pre-pandemic levels.
I was enjoying the 4th yesterday at Andaz and the beach; guests were complaining they couldn't get restaurant reservations for their favorite sushi restaurant until AUGUST!!
Good advice. Thanks. We've heard about the shortage of cars and services in Hawaii as well as everywhere else. Our next trip to Maui could be as soon as next March, but maybe later than that. Just have to see how things go. I still don't trust the governor to not make a knee-jerk decision if he gets spooked by a few new cases, though.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-05-2021, 05:00 PM

1,539 posts, read 1,543,241 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mick St John View Post
Good advice. Thanks. We've heard about the shortage of cars and services in Hawaii as well as everywhere else. Our next trip to Maui could be as soon as next March, but maybe later than that. Just have to see how things go. I still don't trust the governor to not make a knee-jerk decision if he gets spooked by a few new cases, though.
Sounds wise..
My 2 cent 'guess' is that in the Fall, the while Covid thing is going to ramp up again full blast with reports of "new variants mutated" showing up all over the globe.

We've revamped our home farm situation to basically stay on property for long periods of time, and enjoy it.

Old 08-16-2021, 02:38 PM

1,462 posts, read 954,898 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by teqp View Post
Thanks for the information. I've heard the same thing from other folks.

Looks like Mama's Fish House is booked solid for lunch and dinner for all the days we'll be there. Hopefully the concierge at that hotel can get us in. We always go there for a meal.
We just got back from 10 days in Maui. We had a great time. Aug 6-7 seemed to be the most crowded for our hotel. Restaurants were crowded but we were able to get into places we wanted to eat with a 1-1.5 hour wait. We lucked out and got a reservation at Mama's Fish House.

It did take about 45 minutes to go from Wailea up to Kaanapali.

Old 08-16-2021, 05:13 PM

749 posts, read 845,151 times
Wow how quickly things change. Since your trip ended just a week or so later, our hospitals are filling up with Delta patients so if anyone comes to Vacation now- do not have Any kind of medical problems, do not even think of going to our ERs now. We have 500+ medical workers (hopefully) coming in from the mainland to help our exhausted doctors and nurses.

Not a great idea to try to have a fun and relaxing vacation in Hawaii right now, in my opinion.

Old 08-16-2021, 05:44 PM

219 posts, read 566,422 times
And I still don't trust your governor. If he gets spooked by a few extra cases, he could make Hawaii start to look like Australia.
That's not a good thing.

Old 08-24-2021, 07:08 PM

749 posts, read 845,151 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mick St John View Post
And I still don't trust your governor. If he gets spooked by a few extra cases, he could make Hawaii start to look like Australia.
That's not a good thing.
Yup, Ige is spooked, my neighbors and their unvaccinated young children ...all spooked.

https://mauinow.com/2021/08/23/hawai...nd-of-october/

Maybe wait till Halloween to come spook us properly.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Hawaii > Maui