Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Hawaii > Maui
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-05-2006, 08:07 AM

1 posts, read 5,054 times

Advertisements

Hello!
My boyfriend and I will be visiting Maui in the near future. We have searched the web and found quite a few activities to do while we are there, but were wondering if anyone has any 'hidden secrets' to Maui that we should check out? Thanks!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-20-2006, 08:27 AM

1 posts, read 5,046 times
Default maui visit

hello we are frequent visitors to maui and a former resident. I really don't think there are any real "secret" areas left to discover but ;you may want to get out of the lahaina and Kihei areas to get away from the toursist areas. I would recomment going UP coutry to Kula they have a nice lodge( Kula Lodge) and resteraunt. Its great for Bfeast and has a great view. Your best bet is to get a guide book. Maui Revealed is pretty good. There are plenty of great beaches including Makena beach on the south shore and DT flemmings over on the west shore. Have fun and enjoy.

Jim and kim

Old 11-20-2006, 09:46 AM
jmc

101 posts, read 862,920 times
If you are going to Maui around March, you have to go whale watching out of Lahaina! My husband and I did, and it was amazing. A false killer whale went right under our little boat (more like a pontoon floating boat...we were able to get really close to the whales), plus we saw many other whales. It was mating season, so the whales were definitely out and about. I absolutely loved it. I'm not sure when whale watching season starts there. Your best bet for viewing whales is to go on a really small boat (10-15 people or so) for your tour. Have fun!

Old 11-29-2006, 03:37 PM

23 posts, read 312,899 times
Whale watching is in the winter- Dec to March.
Read the guide books. Not much secret on Maui- there are nice hiking trails. i used to live there. the sierra club on maui took us to great hiking places out of the way. Contact them.

Old 02-14-2007, 06:49 PM

21 posts, read 199,444 times
Not sure if it's a "secret", but check out the blowhole on the western side of the island. Just keep on driving past Napili on Honoapiilani Hwy. I can't estimate how many more miles it is, but there was a cattle guard/crossing on the road and it was just past it. You have to park up by the road and then walk down toward the blowhole. It's been just over 9 years since I lived there so lots of what I remember could have definitely changed by now as far as roads and such are concerned.

Old 02-25-2007, 11:38 PM

202 posts, read 833,871 times
The best luau is at the Maui Prince Hotel in South Maui. Been to others and this one was my favorite!!

Old 03-05-2007, 11:11 AM

1 posts, read 4,929 times
looking for address for the county court house. need to obtain a lost marriege certificat thank you mahalo
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Hawaii > Maui
View detailed profiles of: