Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Hawaii > Maui
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-19-2009, 04:03 PM

21 posts, read 62,673 times

Advertisements

We are planning a scouting trip to see what condo prices are like to rent on a monthly basis, see if the job market is really that bad and if moving with the dogs will cause a impossible situation renting in Maui. When I checked the vrbo website alot of condo's have special pricing except in Feb 2010. That happens to be the time when the flights are the cheapest!!! Is there something going on that will be bringing lots of people to Maui that time of the year???
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-19-2009, 10:19 PM

3,752 posts, read 11,512,221 times
Can't really answer the question except to mention that you have to make the phone call to the owner of the rental condo/house if you really want to get a good deal. Do not email them. They get dozens of "what if/maybe" emails daily. Phoning makes you into a real person that they may actually make a deal with.

Old 09-19-2009, 10:55 PM

1,046 posts, read 4,896,707 times
I don't think so. (That there's "anything going on.") I live in West Maui, and I think it's between the winter "high season" and "spring break." I can tell you there *is* a slow-down in rentals and a a lack of jobs -- across-the-board, right now. There's nothing special about February other than mainland people trying to avoid cold weather elsewhere, and its being between the (traditional) holidays and spring. (The slowest months here, traditionally, have been May -- just before school lets out -- and September -- just after school starts.) Both grand times to be here, though, and please do come.

Have fun and best of luck.

Old 09-20-2009, 12:15 AM

3,752 posts, read 11,512,221 times
Try looking at the local, Maui newspapers for on-line ads. Look at the jobs and rentals sections. Note that the jobs section has very few and rentals section has very many... Think about that correlation before moving without a job unless you are a recent mainland lottery winner.

mauinews.com/

Last edited by mdand3boys; 09-20-2009 at 12:39 AM.. Reason: added link

Old 09-20-2009, 09:11 AM

1,178 posts, read 5,942,996 times
Default Maui calendar of events 2/10

Here's a calendar of events. Doesn't look like anything special to me.

Maui Vacation Planner - February Calendar of Events 2010

Hank
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Hawaii > Maui