Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive > Brand-specific forums > Mazda
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-02-2015, 01:34 PM

155 posts, read 297,686 times

Advertisements

Test drove a Mazda CX-3 sport the other day and I really liked it. In the market for a new car and I'm deciding between that, Kia Soul, and Subaru Forester. The mazda was definitely the most fun to drive but didn't have much cargo space. I'm single so that doesn't really matter too much but it's also nice to have. I'm waiting for the crash test ratings to come out for the CX 3 though since safety is a big priority.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-02-2015, 05:09 PM

17,072 posts, read 11,923,562 times
Have you considered the Mazda3? Actually has more cargo space than the CX-3 and is even more fun to drive.

Old 11-02-2015, 05:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by notnamed View Post
Have you considered the Mazda3? Actually has more cargo space than the CX-3 and is even more fun to drive.
I have, but I really like the look of the CX-3 better and I want AWD for the winter.

Old 11-02-2015, 05:26 PM

Well that scratches the Soul off the list too then Would have to step up to the Sportage.

If AWD is a priority then no question about it, get the Subaru. Plus Mazdas have an especially bad problem with rust in snow states that salt the roads.

Old 11-04-2015, 08:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by notnamed View Post
Well that scratches the Soul off the list too then Would have to step up to the Sportage.

If AWD is a priority then no question about it, get the Subaru. Plus Mazdas have an especially bad problem with rust in snow states that salt the roads.

AWD is not a priority, but it's one of those "like to have" things. I wouldn't say I live in a snow state (NJ) so I could definitely still do the soul since it is so much less $$ than the subaru.

I'm not sure that the newer Mazdas have that rust problem. Seems to be only on older models. I have plenty of friends with Mazdas and no rust.

Old 11-04-2015, 04:37 PM

They haven't really done anything to address it. It's just that it takes time to show up of course.

But sounds like you should take the 3 for a test drive at least then.

Old 11-09-2015, 10:42 AM

3,863 posts, read 6,268,568 times
OP, I've been looking at the CX3 also. Here's a link from Edmunds.com

2016 Mazda CX-3 SUV Review & Ratings | Edmunds

Been wanting to trade in my Nissan Rogue and go for something a tad smaller. This looks like a great little SUV.

Old 11-09-2015, 11:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sirron View Post
OP, I've been looking at the CX3 also. Here's a link from Edmunds.com

2016 Mazda CX-3 SUV Review & Ratings | Edmunds

Been wanting to trade in my Nissan Rogue and go for something a tad smaller. This looks like a great little SUV.

I test drove it again and found that it was actually pretty hard to get in & out of. Something about how my seat was all the way back. It drives great but I think I'm going to pass on it for now.

Old 12-11-2015, 02:13 PM

4,920 posts, read 7,285,539 times
I test drove one of these recently and also liked it, except for a couple of things: the headrest pushed my head too far forward which gave me a headache (after only 15 minutes in the car), and I don't like the little touch screen sticking out above the dash, but that wasn't too bad.

I also tested the CX-5 right after the CX-3 and also liked it a lot. I am used to very small cars and thought the CX-5 would feel too big, but I got used to it quickly. Same headrest issue though. I am reading that this is becoming a problem for some people with many new models now, a headrest that is design to keep your spine straight and chin tucked, to prevent whiplash. But it restricts the normal motion of my head while I'm not having an accident! It wasn't a problem for the guy with me on the test drive, a very heavy fellow which meant there was lots of room between his head and the headrest. He said people have complained about the headrests for the same reason I did.

I was wondering if it wouldn't compromise safety to put an extra seat cushion on the driver's seat, a sheepskin cover or something that would give my head a little more room.

Old 12-11-2015, 02:18 PM

430 posts, read 633,913 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by aries63 View Post
I test drove one of these recently and also liked it, except for a couple of things: the headrest pushed my head too far forward which gave me a headache (after only 15 minutes in the car), and I don't like the little touch screen sticking out above the dash, but that wasn't too bad.

I also tested the CX-5 right after the CX-3 and also liked it a lot. I am used to very small cars and thought the CX-5 would feel too big, but I got used to it quickly. Same headrest issue though. I am reading that this is becoming a problem for some people with many new models now, a headrest that is design to keep your spine straight and chin tucked, to prevent whiplash. But it restricts the normal motion of my head while I'm not having an accident! It wasn't a problem for the guy with me on the test drive, a very heavy fellow which meant there was lots of room between his head and the headrest. He said people have complained about the headrests for the same reason I did.

I was wondering if it wouldn't compromise safety to put an extra seat cushion on the driver's seat, a sheepskin cover or something that would give my head a little more room.
I think using a cushion would mess up your ergonomics and possibly even give you back problems if you spend a lot of time in the car

Just buy a Volvo, they have the best seats
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive > Brand-specific forums > Mazda