Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Media
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-11-2020, 07:41 PM

1,138 posts, read 448,791 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by EddieB.Good View Post
I'm pretty sure the consensus opinion in Congress is that he abused his power, but it wasn't enough of a crime to remove him from office. That was always the crux of the impeachment article, and he's guilty of that.
Wrong. First what your sure of doesn't matter. Second the "consensus opinion" is in your mind and likely based on your exposure to a few opinions spouted on TV. Lastly there was no crime committed. Your saying "wasn't enough of a crime" is just your spin. There was no crime period. Trump was acquitted because there was no evidence of any impeachable offense. Too bad democrats have just never learned to admit they were wrong and apologize for their actions. We wasted years and millions of dollars to have this impeachment end in a fiasco that looked so baseless and inept, people will never again look at our leaders in Washington as anything but buffoons.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-11-2020, 07:52 PM

1,138 posts, read 448,791 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BBCjunkie View Post
There are only two MSNBC shows that I watch: MTP Daily (Chuck Todd) and 11th Hour (Brian Williams.) Both conduct what I consider reasonable programming.
LOL, wasn't B. Williams the liar that was claiming he was in a helicopter that was hit by artillery or rockets or something? What a news source that guy is. And C. Todd? Anyone who works on a campaign staff is a political tool and not an objective reporter. Todd and his wife both actively work for democrat campaigns. You picked an odd pair are your go to trusted news sources.

Old 02-11-2020, 07:52 PM

18,058 posts, read 10,347,290 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by miquel_westano View Post
Wrong. First what your sure of doesn't matter. Second the "consensus opinion" is in your mind and likely based on your exposure to a few opinions spouted on TV. Lastly there was no crime committed. Your saying "wasn't enough of a crime" is just your spin. There was no crime period. Trump was acquitted because there was no evidence of any impeachable offense. Too bad democrats have just never learned to admit they were wrong and apologize for their actions. We wasted years and millions of dollars to have this impeachment end in a fiasco that looked so baseless and inept, people will never again look at our leaders in Washington as anything but buffoons.
This view is absurd. Anytime you have the views on impeach or not that align very close to exactly with the party of the person there is no likelihood at all of a true evaluation. We have a political decision with nothing to do with truth. If for instance Trump wins but the Democrats take the majority in both house and senate Trump is out in the first year. And likely his successor as well. Both parties have dirty hands. And the worse dirty hands are those of Comey who likely directly caused the election of Trump by making some terrible polar and unreasonable decisions.

Old 02-12-2020, 06:55 AM

1,411 posts, read 565,691 times
Todd is a Democratic hack, Williams is a proven liar, and again, they employ Al freaking Sharpton!

Old 02-12-2020, 07:34 AM

16,588 posts, read 8,605,677 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lvmensch View Post
If for instance Trump wins but the Democrats take the majority in both house and senate Trump is out in the first year.

If Trump is re-elected in 2020, and as unlikely as the Senate going (D) does occur, there is no way the country would stand for another attempt to remove a duly elected president twice for political reasons.
Personally I thought trying to impeach Bill Clinton over lying under oath over the Lewinsky affair was wrong, even though that was an actual crime.

Regardless, to think the American public is wiling to tolerate another 4 years of political games which impedes a lot of things getting done is foolish.

`

Old 02-12-2020, 10:22 AM

9,701 posts, read 5,111,909 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by miquel_westano View Post
Your entire understanding of what happened is wrong

A. The House voted to impeach, which by definition means what they found were impeachable offenses.

B. Multiple Republicans have publicly stated the impeachable offenses that Trump admitted to, was wrong. That plus Democrats opinion on it is enough to form a consensus opinion.

C. With those facts in place, the Republican position is... What Trump did was a crime, just not enough of a crime to justify kicking him out of office.

Old 02-13-2020, 07:17 AM

16,588 posts, read 8,605,677 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EddieB.Good View Post
Your entire understanding of what happened is wrong

A. The House voted to impeach, which by definition means what they found were impeachable offenses.

B. Multiple Republicans have publicly stated the impeachable offenses that Trump admitted to, was wrong. That plus Democrats opinion on it is enough to form a consensus opinion.

C. With those facts in place, the Republican position is... What Trump did was a crime, just not enough of a crime to justify kicking him out of office.
I know you were responding to another poster, but the irony is that you tell them they are wrong, yet you state things not factual either.
There is a big difference between an (R) saying in their mind that Trump should have gone about things in a different way, vs. he committed actual crimes.
Also you conveniently leave out how a (non-bipartisan) group of House members, motivated by political power, found what they claimed were "impeachable offenses".
Ask liberal constitutional experts like Prof. Dershowitz and Prof. Turley if the things supposedly found by Pelosi & Co were real or contrived to bring the downfall of a duly elected president.

Regardless of what party a president is from, they must protect the rights of that branch of government. Not only for their own benefit while in office, but more importantly for future generations.
The FF's never wanted the 3 branches to have too much power, but neither did they want any of the three so eviscerated, that they kowtowed to the others.
That is especially true of the executive branch.
They obviously didn't want a monarch/dictator as president, but neither did they want a parliamentary system where every executive decision must be approved by the legislative branch either.
Thus whether you like or dislike Trump, or a (D) potus, they cannot allow the legislative branch to usurp the power of the other to conduct business on behalf of the country.

As to MSNBC, they clearly have become a 24/7/365 critic of Trump, and/or worse, an activist group promoting the Democrat parties liberal/leftist ideology.

`

Last edited by Vector1; 02-13-2020 at 07:26 AM.. Reason: Added point

Old 02-13-2020, 10:22 AM

8,411 posts, read 7,421,908 times
MSNBC is good. I watch the opinion pundits and commentary but I know the difference between actual news and people's opinion. I like Matthews and AM Joy. I also watch Cuomo on CNN and listen to his radio show. Both networks are better quality and less hate than Fox News Primetime. The only person I watch on Fox is Wallace.

Old 02-13-2020, 11:17 AM

1,411 posts, read 565,691 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KayAnn246 View Post
MSNBC is good. I watch the opinion pundits and commentary but I know the difference between actual news and people's opinion. I like Matthews and AM Joy. I also watch Cuomo on CNN and listen to his radio show. Both networks are better quality and less hate than Fox News Primetime. The only person I watch on Fox is Wallace.

"MSNBC is good" for nothing. That you actually give credence to Tingly Matthews, Mendacious Joy Reid, and the hopeless Fredo on the DNC channel, I mean CNN, does not reflect well on your judgement.
"Less hate" than Fox? Are you serious? Both of these pathetic excuses for journalism are 24/7 hate venues for Trump.
It's just amazing to me how some people are unable to make rational judgements, relying instead upon emotion and alack of self reflection.
Of course, only vile, uneducated right wingers and RACISTS watch Fox., while those who are bright, sophisticated, woke, and always virtue signaling watch their echo chambers at CNN & MSNBC.

Old 02-13-2020, 12:25 PM

23,974 posts, read 15,078,314 times
My friend calls MSNBC the speculation channel.

Broadcast news changed the day Roger Ailes got POTUS Reagan the rescind the Fairness and Equal Time doctrines.

They paved the way for programs like Rush Limbaugh and Fox.

It didn't take long for all the others to follow suit. All it took after that was the consolidation of outlets.

That calls all consumers to be more discerning. Mostly what I have observed it people still expect straight news reporting form electronic media.

Most have no clue about newspapers. They have always had a slant. Thank goodness or we'd still be singing God Save the Queen.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Media