Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Media
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-01-2020, 10:51 AM

17,596 posts, read 9,376,819 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ohiogirl81 View Post
If you take her quote into account, and not the erroneous interpretation of the Washington Sentinel columnist, how is she wrong?

Trump won't answer questions from one reporter, so other reporters - who also want to know the answer - ask the same question again.

If Trump weren't such an aggrandizing egomaniac and answer the damn question instead of hurling personal insults, perhaps reporters wouldn't feel the need to team up in order to get the information they seek.

Reporters are going to stick together. It's the nature of the job. You insult one reporter, you insult every reporter in the room, and beyond. How stupid is Trump that he doesn't understand that?
I watched the video of her words to MSNBC .... I also watch the Daily White House Press Conferences every single day. I heard the President make his announcement last week about Easter -- he did not say "pack the churches" (which is what this PBS propagandist said) - he said "I hope" we can lift the restrictions by Easter .... he also said that decision would be made based on the advice of the Scientists and the entire Task Force.

Her "question" was a LIE ...... everything stems for her initial LIE. The MSNBC and Leftist Media are all on the "Same Team" and they certainly have "each other's back". They are paying for it by receiving poor ratings and polling shows a lack of trust. IF we can't trust them to REPORT NEWS, and we can't -- they need to get into another business. Perhaps late night comedy or even satire -- they are a JOKE.

There are a LOT of people in the USA that are totally FED-UP with this War against the President of the United States and those who elected him. Those same people are totally FED-UP with the Public Broadcasting Stations (PBS - the propagandist's employer) and want to see it defunded.

It's way past time to do that --
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-01-2020, 11:33 AM

20,956 posts, read 8,746,086 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ohiogirl81 View Post
Trump won't answer questions from one reporter, so other reporters - who also want to know the answer - ask the same question again.

If Trump weren't such an aggrandizing egomaniac and answer the damn question instead of hurling personal insults, perhaps reporters wouldn't feel the need to team up in order to get the information they seek. You insult one reporter, you insult every reporter in the room, and beyond. How stupid is Trump that he doesn't understand that?
Says someone who doesn't watch the daily virus task force briefings! Our President stands up there from one to two hours everyday answering every question asked. Presstitutes are too busy looking at their phones to pay attention so they don't know their question has already been answered.

If the presstitutes weren't such aggrandizing egomaniacs and asked the damn question instead of lecturing the President of the US to get their 'gotcha' moment, Trump wouldn't need to expose them to the audience of millions watching these briefings.

You insult the President, you insult Americans. How stupid are the media that they don't understand that? That is why their approval ratings and audience are far lower than our President's.

Old 04-01-2020, 11:38 AM

21,427 posts, read 7,514,940 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by antinimby View Post
Stop making excuses. Reporting should not be getting together to gang up on someone. Reporting should be just that, reporting the news. ...
All Trump has to do is answer the damned questions.

There is no point in having Trump get up there everyday just to lie to us all, or avoid the questions. He is a public servant, and the people of the USA deserve honest answers, so he needs to cut the BS.

Old 04-01-2020, 11:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hesychios View Post

There is no point in having Trump get up there everyday just to lie to us all, or avoid the questions. He is a public servant, and the people of the USA deserve honest answers, so he needs to cut the BS.

Read my post above yours for the answer. You're welcome!

Old 04-01-2020, 12:02 PM

21,427 posts, read 7,514,940 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PilgrimsProgress View Post
Read my post above yours for the answer. You're welcome!
I read it. Nothing there, sounds very Trumpian.

The president is a public servant. He works for us.

He needs to be honest with the American people and answer the questions put before him.

Old 04-01-2020, 12:24 PM

42,080 posts, read 75,591,521 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PilgrimsProgress View Post
Says someone who doesn't watch the daily virus task force briefings!
I watch them every day. I hear Trump dodge, rant, go off-topic, lie, avoid, and insult members of the White House press corps. He'd do better to let the people he put in charge of this mess do their jobs and speak to the media. They at least can stick to the topic.

Quote:
Presstitutes
Cute, but juvenile. Pubescent name-calling such as this are part of Trump's problem. He sees everything as an attack, and retaliates with insults.

Quote:
You insult the President, you insult Americans.
Stupid is as stupid does. Anyone who defends Trump's unwarranted attacks and infantile rants deserves to be insulted.

Quote:

Old 04-01-2020, 01:58 PM

Quote:
The president is a public servant. He works for us. He needs to be honest with the American people and answer the questions put before him.

Just like Nervous Nancy has to as well, right? Let's ask her why she was telling people to go to Chinatown and party on Feb. 24, many weeks after the President had banned travel from China, for which he was called a racist by her Loonies.

Same with Cuomo and DeBlahBlah as late as March, telling people to go to Chinatown, watch the parade, go out to dinner, etc. And they wonder why they have so many deaths now. Blood is on their grifting hands.

Old 04-01-2020, 02:28 PM

21,550 posts, read 10,676,233 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Diana Holbrook View Post
Alcindor does represent the problem in today's media. She and almost everyone on MSNBC... Many others, but that's who I've witnessed. The president has an important job right now, and they think the biggest win possible would be to undermine and humiliate him, live on camera.

Trump wears his weaknesses on his sleeve... but he also wears his strengths. He's an open book, trying to do an unscripted job in a difficult time. If you want to find something to criticize and exploit, you can easily.... but tell me, how does that help?

How does it help to attempt to undermine the president, distract from the message, and cultivate mistrust? I say attempt, because increasingly, I think people are seeing it. The news outlets who are most guilty of this are the least watched. Mistrust and blame are NOT what people want to hear right now. From either side.

There is no perfect in this... there is only people, working through a crisis. It is going to be messy, but there is nothing to be gained from nitpicking every misstep and exploiting every weakness or imperfect word used. There is much to be gained from trying to pull together to get through this. Which thing are you doing? Which goal are you supporting? Not just them, US.
I wish there was a slow clap emoji. Excellent post!

Old 04-01-2020, 03:14 PM

18,808 posts, read 7,720,346 times
PBS Reporter Gleefully Says Attacking Trump Must Be a ‘Team Sport’ for the Media

They lose.

Old 04-01-2020, 03:46 PM

1,936 posts, read 1,039,471 times
When the President calls journalist the enemy of the state, you don't expect a response?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Media