Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Media
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 06-10-2020, 11:52 AM

12,350 posts, read 9,711,220 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kavalier View Post
Like I said, he might fit neatly into a democrat party of old - 1960s or so. That party (prior to their deathblow to the country, the 1965 Immigration Act) might have actually been for working Americans.

Today, the party is so far left they are filled with communists and radicals.
I understand well how the party has changed. In the early 60s, I was a Twin-Cities area resident myself and a huge JFK supporter. Hubert was a bit too far left for me at the time, but he was still more conservative than most Republicans today.

But I don't see where that profound change from then to now has anything to do with Tucker's registration today. Doesn't make sense....nor did his elaboration in the interview.

You're right in saying that today he's the sole regular TV commentator worth watching. I turn off most others even on Fox. Martha MacCallum and Bret Baier last very little longer on my screen than Donna Brazile.

Old 06-10-2020, 12:04 PM

16,214 posts, read 11,325,556 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CrownVic95 View Post
I understand well how the party has changed. In the early 60s, I was a Twin-Cities area resident myself and a huge JFK supporter. Hubert was a bit too far left for me at the time, but he was still more conservative than most Republicans today.
Hubert was a depressing preview of the Democratic Party's descent into egalitarian stupidity. Some of us can recall the speeches in which he ended every point with "but not Senator Goldwater", and encouraged his minions to parrot the same thing.

There is an old joke about the time when Daddy LBJ gathered his cabinet, sniffed the air and asked, "Hubert, did you fart?"

"Why no, Mr. President; was I supposed to?"

Last edited by 2nd trick op; 06-10-2020 at 12:55 PM..

Old 06-10-2020, 12:17 PM

3,233 posts, read 3,186,050 times
He’s become must see TV for the past 2 weeks. Absolutely spot on. And brave .

Old 06-10-2020, 12:48 PM

12,031 posts, read 6,561,999 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CrownVic95 View Post
And does that answer and explanation make any sense to you? As strong a supporter of his positions on most issues as I am, he's lost me with that one.
He was clear — he despises the democrat party, but he lives in a one party area and in order to vote for local candidates that run his schools, police, mayor etc he has registered as a D.

Old 06-10-2020, 12:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2nd trick op View Post
Hubert was a depressing preview of the Democratic Party's descent into egalitarian stupidity. Some of us can recall the speeches in which he ended every point with "but not Senator Goldwater", and encouraged his minions to parrot the same thing.

There is an old joke about the time when Daddy LBJ gathered his cabinet, sniffed the air and asked "Hubert, did you fart?"

"Why no, Mr. President; was I supposed to?"
Ah yes, his 1964 Vice-Presidential nomination acceptance speech. Quite forgettable until you rekindled the memories.

I think the highlight of his Vice-Presidency was being Johnny Carson's guest on the Tonight show. He sure did get a kick out of that.

Old 06-10-2020, 12:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mountainrose View Post
He was clear — he despises the democrat party, but he lives in a one party area and in order to vote for local candidates that run his schools, police, mayor etc he has registered as a D.
Clear as mud....what am I missing here? Why does voting for local candidates require registering as a D?

Old 06-10-2020, 12:54 PM

764 posts, read 391,696 times
Obama destroyed blacks hope.

Old 06-10-2020, 01:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovemyfl View Post
For those who bought into his broad-brush portrayal of America and the police as their enemy, he sure did.

Old 06-10-2020, 05:50 PM

10,443 posts, read 4,030,967 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kavalier View Post
Strangely I think I read that Tucker is actually a registered democrat.

Not sure if he does it for a particular motive.

But...if you really look at his opinions, they are what a 1960s democrat would have voiced - which is to say: America first, Americans first.
Not so much Americans, but democrats used to be for the working class and small businesses. The Republicans were for the rich big corporations, but somewhere, sometime in our history, the democrat party started to change.

We often see republicans like Bush and think they are rinos, but really, they are classic republicans. It's the democrats that are in power that are acting like DINO's if you think about it. THey are backed by either super rich celebrities, or big corporations like Google, Microsoft, Amazon, and let's not forget the big corporate media schrills. This would explain why Republicans have done nothing to stop the "democrats" unrelenting policies that actually hurt the small businesses and the working middle class, not to mention the dumbing down of public schools and pushing for students to get degrees that are worthless. The old fashion republicans want this world. And I guess they are using sleeper cells like Nancy Pelosi, the Clintons, Obamas, as well as Hollywood and the MSM to get what they want. It's all starting to make sense now.

Old 06-10-2020, 05:53 PM

10,443 posts, read 4,030,967 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lovemyfl View Post
Depends on the Black person. If you are African American, yeah, he threw them all under the bus. But if you are actually from Africa, he welcomed you with open arms.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Media