Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Media
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-21-2020, 04:56 PM

12,003 posts, read 11,896,554 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by corpgypsy View Post
Which is where, I respectfully argue, is the place you have decided to keep your head.

If a citizen tries to pushback on Trump or any of his operatives or tries to defend oneself against the Trump mendacious media machine and internet influencers they will be ruined. Stay silent and allow Trump and his operatives and mendacious media machine and internet influencers bully with impunity and one will be ruined.

As America experiences and watches Trumpism and President Trump bully, to near complete ruination, the USA, it is frightening to recognize that even as we try to use our voice to speak up for her, Trump has already come for what we last have, truth and our vote.

First they came for the free press and journalists
And I did not speak out
Because I was not a journalist

Then they came for the other institutions essential to our democracy
And I did not speak out
Because I was not a public servant

Then they came for the Democrats
And I did not speak out
Because I was not a Democrat

Then they came for the Republicans
And I did not speak out
Because I was not a Republican

Then they came for me and my vote
And there was no one left
To speak out for me.

Everything Trump touches dies or is deliberately killed for the benefit of Trump's interests. America we are next. Where are we as a nation when the only voice that matters is Donald Trump's and not those holding him and his actions accountable? Where do we live when every action, every word, every e-mail and every thought that does not conform to Trump's is deemed fake? Where are we as a nation when we all have to live in fear of an attack and ruination by bully Trump and his mendacious machine of malevolence, and operation of oppression that has successfully destroyed our rule of law and democratic norms? Trump has come for us. He has been coming for us since his descent on that golden elevator in 2015. With no exaggeration, it is easy to say, we the people are beginning to understand what it feels like to be a citizen of North Korea, aren't we? Total capitulation to the authority of the leader or he will ruin your reputation, your career, your dreams, your finances, your health and your very life.

The press and our journalists are not the enemy. Donald Trump has just convinced you of that. Page one of the autocrat's playbook.

I could not rep you again, but this should be required reading for all who love our country.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-21-2020, 09:14 PM

3,606 posts, read 1,657,855 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CraigCreek View Post
I could not rep you again, but this should be required reading for all who love our country.

Most definitely required reading!

Old 10-21-2020, 09:24 PM
bu2

24,101 posts, read 14,879,963 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fisherman99 View Post
Most definitely required reading!
Tells you how backasswards the left has it.

Obama is the one who spied on the press and threw them in jail. He is the one who cut Fox news out because they didn't tow the line. He is the one who dropped the US ratings on the press freedom index.
Trump, on the other hand, goes right into the heart of the Lion's Den.

Obama is the one who had the FBI spy on the other political party even though he knew it was an operation by his own party's presidential candidate. Even Nixon didn't do that. He merely covered up what some non-governmental employees in his campaign did.

Obama's IRS was the one that went after conservative organizations.

Its conservatives who are being beaten and losing their jobs because of the exaggerations of the media.

Its the leftist twitter mobs who destroy lives of anyone, including liberals, who don't tow the line.

I'm amazed the left hasn't gone after Matt Taibbi and Jonathan Turley. Those are two very liberal writers who have been red pilled. But anyone at MSM gets destroyed if they offer any alternate opinions. NY Times and CBS have driven people off. Colleges have driven off liberal professors who didn't tow the progressive totalitarian line.

Many on the left have been just totally brainwashed. Its very 1984ish.

Old 10-24-2020, 09:50 PM

3,405 posts, read 2,734,101 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bu2 View Post
Tells you how backasswards the left has it.

Obama is the one who spied on the press and threw them in jail. He is the one who cut Fox news out because they didn't tow the line. He is the one who dropped the US ratings on the press freedom index.
Trump, on the other hand, goes right into the heart of the Lion's Den.

Obama is the one who had the FBI spy on the other political party even though he knew it was an operation by his own party's presidential candidate. Even Nixon didn't do that. He merely covered up what some non-governmental employees in his campaign did.

Obama's IRS was the one that went after conservative organizations.

Its conservatives who are being beaten and losing their jobs because of the exaggerations of the media.

Its the leftist twitter mobs who destroy lives of anyone, including liberals, who don't tow the line.

I'm amazed the left hasn't gone after Matt Taibbi and Jonathan Turley. Those are two very liberal writers who have been red pilled. But anyone at MSM gets destroyed if they offer any alternate opinions. NY Times and CBS have driven people off. Colleges have driven off liberal professors who didn't tow the progressive totalitarian line.

Many on the left have been just totally brainwashed. Its very 1984ish.

Is it time for a RNW (Real News Matters) "peaceful" protest group?

Old 10-24-2020, 10:32 PM

15,834 posts, read 6,539,575 times
Enemy of the people? What a laugh. The first amendment is the best defense we have against tyranny.

Old 10-25-2020, 09:44 PM

30,976 posts, read 21,636,949 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheGoodTheBadTheUgly View Post
The media is suppose to be the door keeper to the govt. Make sure we know what's really going on and if something is off alert the people. Now they are the purveyors of one side of the govt. Only reporting things that go against their agenda and keeping hidden, sometimes at great cost to the US. The media is the enemy of the people now. It no longer serves it's intended purpose. Unfortunately the constitution didn't describe the "press" in enough detail and the interpretation of it makes them untouchable by rule of the constitution. As the marxists said, they will use our own constitution to destroy us.

Is there anything we can do about the media and still maintain a free press?
Just switch the channel to Fox News and enjoy Sean Hannity. Other channels to turn to are NewsMax and One America News Network. People need to stop being ignorant about the alternative news sources out there.

Old 10-26-2020, 05:41 PM

15,590 posts, read 15,672,796 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by golgi1 View Post
Stating that the media is "has never been an enemy of the people except in the mind of dictators" is to state that propaganda must always be believed.
No. That's not the same thing at all. Maybe that's your problem - your premises aren't logical.

As an example, there are unreliable newspapers, but they are neither an enemy of the people, nor are they always to believed.

Perhaps you have an erroneous all-or-nothing mindset.

Old 10-26-2020, 09:18 PM

41,957 posts, read 75,192,887 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rjshae View Post
Enemy of the people? What a laugh. The first amendment is the best defense we have against tyranny.
Right on. On all counts.

Old 10-27-2020, 12:03 AM

9,434 posts, read 4,252,535 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by StillwaterTownie View Post
Just switch the channel to Fox News and enjoy Sean Hannity. Other channels to turn to are NewsMax and One America News Network. People need to stop being ignorant about the alternative news sources out there.
Those are biased sources. Not without merit but they are biased. One America is also bad at reporting the biased news. Almost unwatchable. Fox has some good shows and anchors.
CNN and msnbc are also biased but also get good guests and have some good shows.

Sean Hannity reports fake news and opinion like it is real news so he is difficult to watch. He doesn’t fact check the president which I have a problem with. Same with Chris cuomo.

Old 10-28-2020, 05:36 AM

15,154 posts, read 11,624,440 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by foodyum View Post
Those are biased sources. Not without merit but they are biased. One America is also bad at reporting the biased news. Almost unwatchable. Fox has some good shows and anchors.
CNN and msnbc are also biased but also get good guests and have some good shows.

Sean Hannity reports fake news and opinion like it is real news so he is difficult to watch. He doesn’t fact check the president which I have a problem with. Same with Chris cuomo.
Keep in mind that Hannity NEVER claimed to be a reporter..He openly calls himself a commentator..an opinionist.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Media