Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Media
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 01-12-2021, 06:44 AM

57,271 posts, read 26,199,434 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by AADAD View Post
I found Martha to be reasonable and fun. Fox only has themselves to blame for the call on Arizona.
I also found her to be fair and objective, one of the few on Fox News.

Old 01-12-2021, 07:00 AM

20,102 posts, read 9,015,533 times
she was demoted because she moves to the afternoon slot? lmao

Old 01-12-2021, 07:00 AM

6,343 posts, read 2,897,107 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grlzrl View Post
My husband hates her...thinks she is as dumb as a box of rocks and given how many times she had Eric Swalwell on, it's hard to argue with him.
I remember she had Swalwell on to grill him and expose him as a liar. Her show was a news show, not opinion, but ratings were tanking so they are going to replace her with an opinion show.

Old 01-12-2021, 08:48 AM

9,912 posts, read 9,588,087 times
She was ok, but didn't have a very distinct personality. She was kinda meh. I thought she was a nice enough person.. but they might need a stronger personality, and/or one who was more aggressive. Especially at the 6:00 central time hour. She was leading into the heavy hitters. could be because she is female, her femininity shined thru, but tough to beat the stronger male personalities after her. (tucker, hannity). Laura Ingraham was kinda tougher even though she was female. Ingraham wasn't sweet smiley pretty, she was more ... i cant thinkof the word, tomboyish? i dont mean gay, but more stronger female personality.

Old 01-12-2021, 08:53 AM

16,352 posts, read 8,094,094 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChicagoMeO View Post
She was ok, but didn't have a very distinct personality. She was kinda meh. I thought she was a nice enough person.. but they might need a stronger personality, and/or one who was more aggressive. Especially at the 6:00 central time hour. She was leading into the heavy hitters. could be because she is female, her femininity shined thru, but tough to beat the stronger male personalities after her. (tucker, hannity). Laura Ingraham was kinda tougher even though she was female. Ingraham wasn't sweet smiley pretty, she was more ... i cant thinkof the word, tomboyish? i dont mean gay, but more stronger female personality.
How about "butch"? Okay, okay, just kidding.

Old 01-12-2021, 08:55 AM

42,732 posts, read 29,878,374 times
McCallum's show was a news program. The other evening shows are entertainment, and moving McCallum gives them another slot for entertainment programming. Hannity, Carlson, Ingraham are entertainment, NOT news programming. Fox is taking steps to respond to other far-right programming that is hurting ratings.

Old 01-12-2021, 03:19 PM

6,343 posts, read 2,897,107 times
Quote:
That's because she was NEWS, not opinion. Everyone after her have opinion shows.

Old 01-12-2021, 03:36 PM

3,460 posts, read 2,783,899 times
Quote:
Will Cain is going to be on one of the new slots. i really like him on Fox n Friends on the weekend.
The former Hadleyville Marshal?

Old 01-12-2021, 08:17 PM

9,912 posts, read 9,588,087 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by r small View Post
How about "butch"? Okay, okay, just kidding.
yeah i could not think of a word but some of the female journalists are more corporate looking, or masculine-ish in their appearance and delivery. Think about the Fox Business journalists, like Maria Bartiromo - very corporate, businesslike - wears wool suits with vests and buttoned all the way up to the top. wears pants. very businesslike - strong personality.

compare with the very feminine journalists - who dye their hair blonde, wear micro mini skirts half way up their thigh, T & A featured, wears frilly sleeves, has a happy happy demeanor, sometimes silly like Shannon Bream.

Thats what im tryin to say lol

Old 01-12-2021, 08:25 PM

1,479 posts, read 1,229,057 times
Dana Perino is the one that actually got punished, she lost her show and got kicked to the AM

As far as Britt Hume, Bret Baier took over that show from him, don't think Britt wants a full time gig.

Martha's show was purging viewers after the election, Greg Kelly is getting all of her viewers.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Media