U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Media
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-01-2021, 09:10 AM

13,148 posts, read 15,244,480 times

Advertisements

https://www.wired.com/story/gab-hack...ch-ddosecrets/
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old Yesterday, 11:18 AM

2,493 posts, read 5,962,828 times
I like GABs philosophy but like Facebook its Group Driven and I dislike that

Parlers operating software is great, i love the interface and how it seamlessly operates. BUT I hate its nannyism, If i dislike something, I say so or just block so I dont hafta deal w it.

Twitter is 100% echo chamber of hateTrump/LoveAbortion/Celebrities-are-great opinions. Boring,no thanks

The worst is Facebook bc they have cornered the local (Washington DC) market. I gotta use FB Mketplace to sell stuff (Craigslist here is centered towards crime and sex stuff), to keep up with my kids school,to get church and covid updates so I am stuck on it tho id rather toss it.

My best would be Parler with Gab philosophy.

I believe we will end up following lots of media sites simultaneously until some new invention comes around..

Old Yesterday, 01:43 PM
Status: "Never Apologize Unless You Want to Die" (set 7 days ago)

13,223 posts, read 8,390,107 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by leighland View Post
I like GABs philosophy but like Facebook its Group Driven and I dislike that

Parlers operating software is great, i love the interface and how it seamlessly operates. BUT I hate its nannyism, If i dislike something, I say so or just block so I dont hafta deal w it.

Twitter is 100% echo chamber of hateTrump/LoveAbortion/Celebrities-are-great opinions. Boring,no thanks

The worst is Facebook bc they have cornered the local (Washington DC) market. I gotta use FB Mketplace to sell stuff (Craigslist here is centered towards crime and sex stuff), to keep up with my kids school,to get church and covid updates so I am stuck on it tho id rather toss it.

My best would be Parler with Gab philosophy.

I believe we will end up following lots of media sites simultaneously until some new invention comes around..
I still have no idea how gab works. On twitter you can click trends and latch on to streams of conversations. On Gab the trends are stale news stories that only show up if enough people post a news link, as opposed to an algorithym that determines popularity

Old Yesterday, 02:11 PM

3,646 posts, read 2,975,199 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rom623 View Post
GAB numbers (News, twitter, facebook, video alternative)
https://gab.com/a/posts/105658968976536783

Support alternative free speech platforms - Clouthub.com, Telegram.com, Rumble.com, Bitchute, Parler.com

Deplatform them - Stop using Google(download Dissenter and use duckduckgo.com), Amazon Prime, Twitter, Facebook, Apple, Kroger, Kohls, Bed Bath Beyond, H-E-B.

Hit em where it hurts, IN THE WALLET !
FYI about DuckGo. I used to use them till I found out they supply info to Google. I switched to Yippy.com for my search engine. It's mentioned in this article.

Worse still; as Duck Duck Go continues to symbolically cater to Americans of a conservative persuasion through their “hey, we’re not Google” campaign, the search engine is donating hundreds of thousands of dollars to liberal and ultra-progressive organizations.
https://freedomoutpost.com/duck-duck...-users-fuming/

Old Today, 02:25 PM

16,866 posts, read 4,919,888 times
I created an account on GAB but seldom use it. Signed up on Telegram to read posts by Patrick Byrne, Lin Wood, James Woods, Donald Trump, RedPill78 and other conservatives. But I don't check them everyday and it gets to be overwhelming in terms of volume of information. But it's another good way to avoid corporate media.

Old Today, 02:26 PM

16,866 posts, read 4,919,888 times
Startpage lets you search anonymously. Haven't used it in a while though. It masks your identity or something. Check it out to see if it's something you'd like.

Old Today, 04:55 PM

9,863 posts, read 3,494,160 times
The lengths that some people will go to reinforce their own political bias.

These aren’t legitimate news organizations, but you should know that. Of course, these are the same people who listen to Russia Today and Zero Hedge, so maybe not.

Old Today, 05:23 PM

3,897 posts, read 1,239,118 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aussiehoff View Post
I'm not familiar with Gab so looked it up. Wikipedia tells me: Gab is an American alt-tech social networking service known for its far-right userbase.[4][5][6][7] Widely described as a haven for extremists including neo-Nazis, white supremacists, white nationalists, and the alt-right.

Sound positively scary! And sounds just like the description I heard of Parler.

Have they protected themselves from the server risk Parler faced now that they are growing quickly?
Wikipedia has gone very left, according to Wiki Sen.Robert Byre was never in the KKK ..White washing is now a thing.

Old Today, 06:04 PM

238 posts, read 49,238 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rom623 View Post
Twitter is really no different, except it censors right - leaning speach and not left.

Check out this article with examples

Threats and violence twitter wont police

Gab leaves it up to the user to block other users as well as working with law enforcement.

The kicker is social media helps law enforcement track whats going on
Stop rationalizing Wikipedia spin, they label anything right of center as “alt-right”, etc. To scare people like the one you quoted
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Media