U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Media
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 12-10-2021, 10:15 PM
 
20,250 posts, read 9,202,540 times
Reputation: 13116

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlakeJones View Post
A vote for any democrat is a vote for Brandon
A vote for Biden. Please say his name! Brandon was clever but we need to say Biden and tie his name with his failed policies.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 12-11-2021, 03:21 PM
 
1,435 posts, read 412,493 times
Reputation: 1747
Quote:
Originally Posted by MMS02760 View Post
Seems it was just some random crazy person that torched the tree. Many fools were quick to jump to incorrect conclusions.

Yep, once again the right wing narrative and false outrage is refuted.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-11-2021, 05:39 PM
 
Location: Philaburbia
39,922 posts, read 70,616,589 times
Reputation: 64316
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe the Photog View Post
I didn't see any of it, but I hear that Fox spent all day mourning the tree after it was set on fire. One contributor made an overreaching comparison between the burning of a tree and a major historic moment in American history.
They sure had the victim act down.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-11-2021, 06:25 PM
 
Location: Planet Telex
5,690 posts, read 3,448,515 times
Reputation: 5562
This was an inside job, done on purpose by a FOX employee.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-11-2021, 08:42 PM
 
Location: Columbia, SC
30,273 posts, read 15,039,300 times
Reputation: 12239
Quote:
Originally Posted by katygirl68 View Post
A vote for Biden. Please say his name! Brandon was clever but we need to say Biden and tie his name with his failed policies.
Besides which it wasn’t triggering anybody. Brandon told him to shut up on National TV, took his house and job, and booted him into the street.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-11-2021, 09:30 PM
 
9,482 posts, read 8,856,124 times
Reputation: 8157
Quote:
Originally Posted by TMSRetired View Post
People have really lost it over politics.

I do blame the MSM for putting a political label on every single thing that happens in the US.
Life does not have to be politicized and then used to pit people against each other.

Then why are you politicizing the burning of the Christmas tree? Just because it was near a FOX building? Maybe the guy just hates Christmas or didn’t get presents as a kid. Or maybe is just a nutcase.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-13-2021, 09:15 AM
 
Location: Columbia, SC
30,273 posts, read 15,039,300 times
Reputation: 12239
Quote:
Originally Posted by staywarm2 View Post
Then why are you politicizing the burning of the Christmas tree? Just because it was near a FOX building? Maybe the guy just hates Christmas or didn’t get presents as a kid. Or maybe is just a nutcase.
The poster is not the one making this a political act. Fox has been lit up ever since the fire attempting to make is a general war on Christmas by the left.

It would be fitting if it was discovered they had paid the guy to burn the tree so they could whine about it. It would be absolutely typical of something Fox would do. It is notable that the tree was as fake as their "news".
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-13-2021, 11:56 AM
 
Location: Connecticut
3,731 posts, read 1,093,277 times
Reputation: 3485
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ohiogirl81 View Post
Ah, yes, the Fox News apologists: They see a wild-eyed Trump hater behind every Christmas tree.

Ah yes, typical response from a Liberal. You and many others have voiced for Fox News to be banned. So it's not totally out of the norm to factor that it may have been a loony Progressive.



Quote:
Originally Posted by Ohiogirl81 View Post
Tell that to the OP. Why not blame the OP for putting a political label on this story? Or do you believe everything "MSM" tells you?

Why are you attacking the OP? The title of the thread of "Arson hits Fox News Christmas tree." Also, it's pretty pathetic of you to say the OP made this political. It's Fox News. It was bound to be political. There's a Biden appointee literally calling for Fox to be dismantled and to be gone forever. MSNBC recently wrote an opinion piece saying cable companies shouldn't "force people to pay for Fox News" and to make it an option. The NYT and many other media outlets made this story political the moment it broke the news. Just go into the comments section on social media; the people all suspected it was political.


I think the better question is why are you so bothered that honest speculation was made? There's nothing wrong with that.


Quote:
Originally Posted by Ohiogirl81 View Post
In other words, you don't know. You have no evidence that the alleged arsonist was mad any anything or anyone "from politics to race". You don't know his political persuasion, if any. You don't know if he was even aware that the tree was in front of Fox News.

And you didn't know either. Again, nothing wrong with speculating and conversing about the possible motives. Granted we NOW KNOW it was a homeless man who's mentally ill and should've never been released in the first place. The guy literally exposed himself outside of the courthouse for the Ghislane Maxwell trial. What's even worse is he was spotted at the second tree lighting Fox did when they got their new one to redo the ceremony. You don't see an issue with that?


Of course you don't, Socialists never have a problem with that.


Quote:
Originally Posted by Ohiogirl81 View Post
By bringing up politics, you're the one making "everything about politics". No one else brought it up in this thread until you did.

Just stop. Grow up. EVERY MEDIA OUTLET made it political!!! Stop attacking others. What's the real problem comrade? Upset people are having a discussion? Typical Socialist mentality: "STOP ASKING QUESTIONS! MOVE ALONG, NOTHING TO SEE HERE!!"


Quote:
Originally Posted by Ohiogirl81 View Post
You know what would be a big surprise? People waiting to pass judgement on others only after they know all the facts. Complete thread fail.

You know what would be an eve bigger surprise? You pulling your head out of the sand to recognize that there was nothing wrong with discussing possible motives on a chat forum. I know it drives you crazy, but we're a free country and are allowed to have free thoughts on this. The only fail on this thread are you deflecting comments.



Quote:
Originally Posted by Ohiogirl81 View Post
Do you see any evidence from the OP that this arson was politically motivated?

No one said that was it 100%. Again, just having a discussion. God forbid we embrace having free speech to do so, aye comrade?



Quote:
Originally Posted by Ohiogirl81 View Post
Not without any evidence that points toward any kind of political motive.

And you had no evidence to provide it was or it wasn't. What's your point? Or do you just love repeating yourself?


Quote:
Originally Posted by Ohiogirl81 View Post
And you chose to perpetuate it; therefore, you contribute to the problem.


No, they chose to have a discussion. Something "woke" Progressives/Socialists like you seem to be bothered by.



Quote:
Originally Posted by Ohiogirl81 View Post
This nebulous "left" - the only group responsible for politicizing "everything"?

Both groups do it, but let's not pretend that the left isn't more radical. A recent poll came out showing that 54% of people wouldn't be friends or date anyone who's a Republican. You know what it was for people who wouldn't be friends or date anyone who's a Democrat? 5% Don't act like there isn't a difference. Especially when your side deems everyone a racist if they don't agree with them.



Quote:
Originally Posted by Ohiogirl81 View Post
Still reaching? The only fact in this sentence is that the tree is outside the Fox News studios.

Still deflecting? Again, you didn't have all the facts prior to the conclusion of this investigation. Stop parading around as if you did.

Last edited by DK736; 12-13-2021 at 12:04 PM..
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-13-2021, 11:59 AM
 
Location: Connecticut
3,731 posts, read 1,093,277 times
Reputation: 3485
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ohiogirl81 View Post
They sure had the victim act down.

They had every right to be upset. Did you even see the footage? Thank God the wind was blowing opposite of the building. Lord only knows what could've happened if those flames did start hitting the news building.


We get it, you hate Fox News. But there's hundreds of employees who work there and they have families and loved ones. I know you and your side don't see an issue with destruction of property, but this could've gotten out of hand.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-15-2021, 01:59 AM
 
Location: Philaburbia
39,922 posts, read 70,616,589 times
Reputation: 64316
Quote:
Originally Posted by DK736 View Post
You and many others have voiced for Fox News to be banned.
I dare you to find any instance of my wanting to "ban" Fox News. Good luck with that ...

Quote:
Also, it's pretty pathetic of you to say the OP made this political. It's Fox News. It was bound to be political
.
Only to pathetic perpetual victims looking for a new source of blame for their problems.
Quote:
And you didn't know either
.
I'm not the one laying blame before knowing all the facts.
Quote:
Of course you don't, Socialists never have a problem with that.
I'm not a socialist. Try again.

Quote:
Just stop. Grow up. EVERY MEDIA OUTLET made it political!!! Stop attacking others. What's the real problem comrade? Upset people are having a discussion? Typical Socialist mentality: "STOP ASKING QUESTIONS! MOVE ALONG, NOTHING TO SEE HERE!!"
LMAO. Why so triggered, my friend?

Quote:
A recent poll came out showing that 54% of people wouldn't be friends or date anyone who's a Republican. You know what it was for people who wouldn't be friends or date anyone who's a Democrat? 5% Don't act like there isn't a difference. Especially when your side deems everyone a racist if they don't agree with them
.
I have no idea what you're talking about, but I'm 100% certain it has nothing to do with the topic of the flaming Christmas tree.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DK736 View Post
We get it, you hate Fox News.
You don't get it. But don't let that stop you from putting words in other people's' mouths.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:


Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Media

All times are GMT -6.

© 2005-2023, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Contact Us - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37 - Top