Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Media
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-03-2022, 06:23 AM

25,863 posts, read 12,890,963 times

Advertisements

I've cancelled Google entirely now, since I can no longer find anything in the political news realm there anymore.

I've moved to Duck Duck Go

As a test, try Googling "U.S. buying Iranian oil" You'll see all kinds of results regarding China buying Iranian oil but nothing about the U.S. recently buying 1M barrells of Iranian oil.

Duck Duck Go's search yielded precisely what I was looking for with their 1st result.

https://www.nasdaq.com/articles/u.s....ata-2021-05-30

Google is now 100% propaganda like the New York Times, or CNN.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-03-2022, 06:32 AM

8,638 posts, read 10,171,625 times
Of course. Google is a partner to the World Economic Forum.

Old 03-03-2022, 06:43 AM

23,584 posts, read 17,262,317 times
yep noticed when searching for a self incriminating quote made by a dem in the past or something on vp harris or the squad telling us to eat weeds, even using key words, will get no results.

Clearly google is a cog in the official government propaganda machine.

algorithms are created by programmers, algorithms are not some spontaneous occurrence of nature. Algorithms are owned by the companies who attempt to convince us of their neutrality.

Old 03-03-2022, 06:43 AM

10,920 posts, read 4,580,484 times
you dont say!

I have not used AOL, google, yahoo etc in over 20 years....bought and paid for and useless. its like buying tools at cheap stores like...jamesway, zayres, bradlees, caldor, k-mart, walmart. oh.....wait...

Old 03-03-2022, 07:08 AM

19,838 posts, read 9,402,929 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by beach43ofus View Post
I've cancelled Google entirely now, since I can no longer find anything in the political news realm there anymore.

I've moved to Duck Duck Go

As a test, try Googling "U.S. buying Iranian oil" You'll see all kinds of results regarding China buying Iranian oil but nothing about the U.S. recently buying 1M barrels of Iranian oil.

Duck Duck Go's search yielded precisely what I was looking for with their 1st result.

https://www.nasdaq.com/articles/u.s....ata-2021-05-30

Google is now 100% propaganda like the New York Times, or CNN.
Yes. I have noticed that Google will substitute another country for the U.S. often.

And Google's one-sided coverage of the truckers protest on the first page was absolutely disgusting.

Old 03-03-2022, 07:22 AM

17,332 posts, read 12,283,884 times
See plenty of articles about that on google.

And the first few articles on both Google and DuckDuckGo make it clear said oil was seized, not bought.

DuckDuckGo's first result:
https://news.cgtn.com/news/2021-06-0...wj6/index.html
"The EIA released the data on May 28, a month after the seizure by U.S. authorities of the Liberian-flagged tanker Achilleas, which was transporting Iranian crude. The EIA gave no other details on the Iranian cargo and had no comment yet."

Sounds more like you are looking for propaganda and failing to find it.

China comes up because the seized oil from the Achilleas was destined for China. As well as a bunch of articles about how China's buying has grown significantly since sanctions were imposed and we are talking to them about that.
Plenty of reasons why "EXCLUSIVE U.S. has reached out to China about cutting oil imports from Iran, officials say" would turn up as a search result for "U.S. buying Iranian oil" all the key words are there and recent.
https://www.reuters.com/business/exc...ay-2021-09-28/

Last edited by notnamed; 03-03-2022 at 07:34 AM..

Old 03-03-2022, 07:43 AM

19,074 posts, read 27,655,039 times
Yes. Lots of Russian sites blocked. Searches do not give any results on topics, not following official narrative. Trying different browsers and duck duck gives same result. I'll try Tor, maybe that is different. There's talk about shutting down all Russian from YouTube.

Old 03-03-2022, 08:00 AM

9,327 posts, read 16,681,070 times
I stopped using Google due to the bias searches. A friend's son works at Google and he admits they are very bias. I've been using DuckDuckGo since it came out and passed the word to others.

Old 03-03-2022, 08:11 AM

9,135 posts, read 6,344,712 times
I stopped using Google search engine and switched to DuckDuckGo years ago.

Old 03-03-2022, 08:53 AM

25,863 posts, read 12,890,963 times
I heard Sean Hannity menton this on the radio. His staff vetts nearly everything he says on air, but I also try my best to verify his stuff. I listen to talk radio ~1hr week when I'm driving and that is all. They say something of interest fo me that I try to verify ~2x/month. This was one of them because it sounded far fetched.

My guess is we seized the IRan oil, then paid them for it, so Hannity's callingit a sale, w/o divulging all the retails...he does that often, but so does the left media, so they all stink, & are all mostly propaganda.

The American public has nowhere to go anymore to find out the facts, & that must get fixed asap.

Quote:
Originally Posted by notnamed View Post
See plenty of articles about that on google.

And the first few articles on both Google and DuckDuckGo make it clear said oil was seized, not bought.

DuckDuckGo's first result:
https://news.cgtn.com/news/2021-06-0...wj6/index.html
"The EIA released the data on May 28, a month after the seizure by U.S. authorities of the Liberian-flagged tanker Achilleas, which was transporting Iranian crude. The EIA gave no other details on the Iranian cargo and had no comment yet."

Sounds more like you are looking for propaganda and failing to find it.

China comes up because the seized oil from the Achilleas was destined for China. As well as a bunch of articles about how China's buying has grown significantly since sanctions were imposed and we are talking to them about that.
Plenty of reasons why "EXCLUSIVE U.S. has reached out to China about cutting oil imports from Iran, officials say" would turn up as a search result for "U.S. buying Iranian oil" all the key words are there and recent.
https://www.reuters.com/business/exc...ay-2021-09-28/
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Media