Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Media
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-30-2022, 02:34 PM

19,208 posts, read 16,693,063 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by zentropa View Post
I suggest your cynicism should prevent you from being involved in political discourse or voting for that matter.
But if I don't vote, I can't gripe, right?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-30-2022, 02:37 PM

28,353 posts, read 16,381,866 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HereOnMars View Post
If Zuckerberg hadn't gone on Rogan's show and spilled the beans about the laptop story, we'd never know about it and possibly that FBI agent that suppressed it would still have his job. I don't hate all FBI because some are very helpful but that organization is just about as corrupt and the DOJ and the WH, imo. (Gee, look at all the abbreviations)
Zuck told the same story to Congress nearly 2 years ago. It wasn't a huge deal then.

Old 08-30-2022, 02:48 PM

18,466 posts, read 15,250,426 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hooligan View Post
Zuck told the same story to Congress nearly 2 years ago. It wasn't a huge deal then.
Depends who you talk to. But I think this time it is in a different light for several reasons. First of all, it came right on the heels of the Sam Harris interview. And secondly, at this point it has been acknowledged by everyone that the laptop was not Russian disinformation.

Old 08-30-2022, 03:03 PM

19,208 posts, read 16,693,063 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hooligan View Post
It was a big deal but when you have media controlling the narrative . . .

Old 08-30-2022, 04:01 PM

18,759 posts, read 11,794,120 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HeyJude514 View Post
Every time I see a Hunter Biden/laptop thread it reminds me of birthers, all self-righteous, tilting at windmills, seriously believing that this time something is going to happen! Really!

And years later, of course, nothing happens.

It makes me laugh every time.
LOL. Ya think? How long has the right been harping on the lap top? Rumor has it that it's more disinformation from Russia to interfere in our election.

Lets suppose just for grins that Hunter got an email from some corrupt Ukrainian official requesting a meeting with the Vice President Joe Biden. Did that meeting occur? Nope. Lets suppose that Hunter Biden is a piece of crap crook. Lets suppose he was money laundering and dodging taxes. What does that have to do with Joe Biden?

I mean seriously, did he have Hunter working in the white house like Trump did with his children, who by the way, had to have you know, that special favor to get security clearance. That's what? Just hunky dorey? The hypocrisy is embarrassing and the lack of shame on the right? Despicable.

Look. Christopher Wray is a Republican appointed by Trump to run the FBI. Hunter Biden will not get away with anything if he is found guilty in a curt of law. That's a big if. There's no shortage of lies and debunked conspiracy theories on the right. Just because some mouthy Republican senators try to spin a mountain out of a mole hill, doesn't make it so.

Just like the SCOTUS with Trump's stolen seats refused to hear Trump's election fraud case. Never mind that Trump's own lap dog Barr said there is no voter fraud. The rubes believe what they want to believe, facts be damned.

Nobody cares about Hunter Biden. He has nothing to do with the white house, unlike that last grifters that can never run another charitable foundation. These people where in our white house and that's shameful.

Old 08-30-2022, 04:14 PM

19,840 posts, read 12,099,283 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by animalcrazy View Post
LOL. Ya think? How long has the right been harping on the lap top? Rumor has it that it's more disinformation from Russia to interfere in our election.

Lets suppose just for grins that Hunter got an email from some corrupt Ukrainian official requesting a meeting with the Vice President Joe Biden. Did that meeting occur? Nope. Lets suppose that Hunter Biden is a piece of crap crook. Lets suppose he was money laundering and dodging taxes. What does that have to do with Joe Biden?

I mean seriously, did he have Hunter working in the white house like Trump did with his children, who by the way, had to have you know, that special favor to get security clearance. That's what? Just hunky dorey? The hypocrisy is embarrassing and the lack of shame on the right? Despicable.

Look. Christopher Wray is a Republican appointed by Trump to run the FBI. Hunter Biden will not get away with anything if he is found guilty in a curt of law. That's a big if. There's no shortage of lies and debunked conspiracy theories on the right. Just because some mouthy Republican senators try to spin a mountain out of a mole hill, doesn't make it so.

Just like the SCOTUS with Trump's stolen seats refused to hear Trump's election fraud case. Never mind that Trump's own lap dog Barr said there is no voter fraud. The rubes believe what they want to believe, facts be damned.

Nobody cares about Hunter Biden. He has nothing to do with the white house, unlike that last grifters that can never run another charitable foundation. These people where in our white house and that's shameful

Preserving for the monumental level of stupidity.

Old 08-30-2022, 04:43 PM

5,632 posts, read 1,768,438 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by uggabugga View Post
well... yeah. of course.

rob 'meat-head' reiner scrambles to play defense.

https://www.realclearpolitics.com/vi..._election.html
Remember when Democrats claimed the Hunter laptop story wasn't buried and it was just a made up story from Russia?

Remember when Democrats claimed Biden's daughter's diary detailing Joe's sexual abuse of her was not real?

Remember when Democrats claimed Trump was a Russian asset?

Conclusion? Never trust what Democrats claim. Actually assume the opposite of what they say.

Old 08-30-2022, 06:43 PM

1,951 posts, read 700,217 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HeyJude514 View Post
Because Trump is getting thumped in the media right now and the right needs a diversion. And what better diversion than that ever-losing topic of Hunter Biden's laptop? Too bad you can't knock Trump off the front page--he's just got too many problems to hide any longer.
haha. last time I checked, MSM was not on the right side, why bought the story back

Old 08-30-2022, 08:33 PM

52,698 posts, read 34,555,075 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 366h34d View Post
I think you are on to something. Why, out of the blue, is the laptop back in the news? Dems want to force him not to run in 2024
it's never really left. the reason it's big now relates to chuck grassley calling out fbi chump tim thibault for slow-walking the investigation. tim is now doing the slow walk of shame.

Old 08-31-2022, 04:33 AM

25,732 posts, read 12,808,029 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by retiredcop111 View Post
Finally a liberal that will admit it. To them the ends justify the means. Corrupt to the core. The media covers for them. The FBI covers for them. The CIA covers for them. The Democrats have infiltrated the federal government at the highest levels.
You nailed it. The FBI covering up for Hunter & Joe Biden's illegal influence peddling is MUCH worse, than the media covering it all up though.

The FBI has been totally corrupted at the highest levels, and taking just 1 guy out (Timothy Thibault) is like putting a band-aid on a torn thoractic artery. The entire leadership at the FBI in DC must be exorcised for America to function properly again. I'd take away their jobs, pensions, health bene's, & investigate them all for any legal wrongdoing beginning the morning of November 9th....after the election, when the power tilts in a new direction.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Media