Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Media
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-19-2022, 10:06 AM

33,571 posts, read 18,161,091 times

Advertisements

We're headed for nuclear war anyway so all this is just the small stuff.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-20-2022, 09:41 AM

29,218 posts, read 22,365,741 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taratova View Post
We're headed for nuclear war anyway so all this is just the small stuff.
Better run down to the bunker, then. And don't come out until its over.

Someone has been saying this all my life, beginning back in 1952 when I was in the second grade. 70 years with no attack. I just repeated words to you I first heard in 1965.

Last edited by banjomike; 11-20-2022 at 09:51 AM..

Old 11-20-2022, 10:31 AM

10,760 posts, read 4,346,172 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by eddie gein View Post
The Trump people need to face it. Rup is tired of Trump. So he is a bad guy now.

It's awesome to see the Trump faction and their hatred for the so called RINO faction of the party.

And it is even going to be greater when people like Murdoch push DeSantis over the finish line and force Trump to run as an independent....

Thus allowing Sleepy, creepy, depends wearing Joe to waltz into a second term. Which he will need to get those $7 dollar gas prices and the 1930s style depression and the world war we've been promised by the right. I don't think he can get all that done in this term because he is so ineffective. But maybe with another term he can get it done.
Murdoch is powerless, when compared to the left-wing media.
The left-wing media consider Trump the easier opponent for Biden to beat, so they'll make sure DeSantis doesn't win the primary.
They'll fabricate and exaggerate enough dirt on DeSantis, and he'll probably pull out of the race, since he's no street-fighter, he's no Trump.

Old 11-21-2022, 05:59 AM

88,584 posts, read 84,795,337 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by banjomike View Post

Someone has been saying this all my life, beginning back in 1952 when I was in the second grade. 70 years with no attack. I just repeated words to you I first heard in 1965.
Ha, I wasn't born until 1958, but yes. The nuclear war was always coming.

And don't forget "America is going the way of the Roman Empire". That was popular in the 1960s and I see it's making a comeback.

Old 11-21-2022, 10:37 AM

8,312 posts, read 3,927,691 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RMESMH View Post
2011, not 2016.
Yes you are right, Obama's jokes in 2011 at the Washington Correspondents Dinner was what really fired up Trump and probably was a factor that helped trigger him to run. 2016 just added more fuel to the fire. This guy is so easy to manipulate.

Old 11-21-2022, 10:44 AM

8,312 posts, read 3,927,691 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by banjomike View Post

It is just a matter of time before a nuke is used in war. Might be in a foreign conflict, might be a single terrorist attack on our soil, but it's naive to think that with thousands of nuclear weapons, and proliferation continuing, that these weapons will never be used. This does not mean that we cower in bunkers, but we can't pretend that the threat has somehow magically gone away.

No question in my mind that re-electing Trump would push the doomsday clock closer to midnight. He's a loose cannon with a loose mouth and the last person in the world you want in charge of 4000 nuclear weapons.

Old 11-21-2022, 06:12 PM

15,590 posts, read 15,672,796 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mightyqueen801 View Post
The right-wing newspaper has completely turned on him, once their darling. I'm not a fan of either Trump or The Post, but it's pretty shocking.

You will note it says "Page 26", and this is what's on Page 26.
Yes, but your text didn't highlight the funniest part: “Florida man makes announcement.”

Well, the Post was always known for its notable headlines, like "Headless Body in Topless Bar."

Old 11-27-2022, 07:07 AM

30,166 posts, read 11,795,579 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GearHeadDave View Post

No question in my mind that re-electing Trump would push the doomsday clock closer to midnight. He's a loose cannon with a loose mouth and the last person in the world you want in charge of 4000 nuclear weapons.
All I can say is look at what actually happened. 4 years under Trump we did not get closer to nuclear war. Yet in 2022 under Biden we have gotten much closer.

Old 11-27-2022, 07:19 AM

20,834 posts, read 17,102,752 times
From the Holocaust Museum

How did the Nazis use censorship?

When the Nazis came to power in 1933, the German constitution guaranteed freedom of speech and freedom of the press. Through decrees and laws, the Nazis abolished these civil rights and destroyed German democracy. Starting in 1934, it was illegal to criticize the Nazi government. Even telling a joke about Hitler was considered treachery. People in Nazi Germany could not say or write whatever they wanted.

Examples of censorship under the Nazis included:

Closing down or taking over anti-Nazi newspapers;
Controlling what news appeared in newspapers, on the radio, and in newsreels;
Banning and burning books that the Nazis categorized as un-German;
Controlling what soldiers wrote home during World War II.

Old 11-27-2022, 10:23 AM

41,959 posts, read 75,192,887 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AADAD View Post
From the Holocaust Museum
None of which has anything to do with the Post lampooning Trump.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Media