Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Memphis
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 06-20-2010, 06:13 PM

369 posts, read 1,232,869 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by devyn f. View Post
Like a previous poster said, what makes Memphis suck is the people and I say that equally for All THE PEOPLE of Memphis, I'm including White, black and hispanics ect, ect, ect. In Memphis you have a large amount of white trash skinheads and ghetto trash but, only a small number of poor people that try to still smile and be civil.

Trust me I lived in Memphis for the first 15yrs of my life and when me and my mother left we never looked back! But if you love Memphis as as much as you seem too it's all yours...anyway, as my friend back home always used to say:

Peace-out and God loves you

-Devyn

P.S. Beale st. is as dead as Elvis himself, I have been down there it's boring,unsafe and there is just lack of things to do, I'm sorry,I'm going to say it, it's a suck ***** downtown, I don't know what universe you live in,but I wish I could've joined you when I lived there.

And by the way, I think you just might be a product of the Memphis educational school system judging from spelling...you might want to improve that...
Beale St. dead? unsafe? Shows how much you know. And it's not a lot.

Old 06-20-2010, 08:42 PM

165 posts, read 461,893 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by maximus10 View Post
Where the 'f' did you hear that the UofM is a white culture thing that blacks desperately try to fit into? I don't know where you got that from. You've got some weird views.
You must be a UofM student/grad. "....UofM is a white culture thing that blacks desperately try to fit into" is a true statement, IMHO. The black students have no personality because they're too busy trying to be non-threatening. And having a majority black basketball team means nothing.

Old 06-20-2010, 08:46 PM

165 posts, read 461,893 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by devyn f. View Post
Like a previous poster said, what makes Memphis suck is the people and I say that equally for All THE PEOPLE of Memphis, I'm including White, black and hispanics ect, ect, ect. In Memphis you have a large amount of white trash skinheads and ghetto trash but, only a small number of poor people that try to still smile and be civil.

Trust me I lived in Memphis for the first 15yrs of my life and when me and my mother left we never looked back! But if you love Memphis as as much as you seem too it's all yours...anyway, as my friend back home always used to say:

Peace-out and God loves you

-Devyn

P.S. Beale st. is as dead as Elvis himself, I have been down there it's boring,unsafe and there is just lack of things to do, I'm sorry,I'm going to say it, it's a suck ***** downtown, I don't know what universe you live in,but I wish I could've joined you when I lived there.

And by the way, I think you just might be a product of the Memphis educational school system judging from spelling...you might want to improve that...
Beale St. IS lame. There's nothing mainstream about it.

Old 06-20-2010, 09:40 PM

369 posts, read 1,232,869 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thenuegeye View Post
You must be a UofM student/grad. "....UofM is a white culture thing that blacks desperately try to fit into" is a true statement, IMHO. The black students have no personality because they're too busy trying to be non-threatening. And having a majority black basketball team means nothing.
Oh Lord! LOL!!!!

Old 06-20-2010, 11:02 PM

3,635 posts, read 10,748,416 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thenuegeye View Post
now that's a damn lie. Black students run so many organizations on campus. They don't sit back and try to be non-threatening. They do a lot on campus. U of M has more black students than a lot of HBCU's. There's definitely as much "black culture" on campus as "white culture"

Old 06-21-2010, 12:46 AM

14 posts, read 130,027 times
So if I don't like blues and B-B-Q ,what the h**** else is there to do as a local? Sure if your tourist there is plenty to do BECAUSE THAT IS WHAT THEY CAME FOR! I'm sorry I was bored too tears! There is three things too do in Memphis: go to blues/jazz/ rap clubs and bars(which gets old), eat some overated Rendevous B-B-Q ,(and B-B-Q is the only good form food in Memphis and which gets old) and go see fat Elvis at tacky a** Graceland(which is overated as it gets and being a former Memphian, I get a sick feeling when I hear the word 'Elvis' )

So from there what else is there?Please fill me in if there are things that I missed inquiring minds want know, what'd I miss, let me guess a river boat ride down the dirty Mississippi river? Or maby Memphis in May?Trust me nothing better than paying $10 bucks for some warm beer and trying to avoid all the drunk fat sweaty rednecks, the food is alright, but just the same old thing you get anywhere else in Memphis.

So any way I'm sure I'll get another comment I don't care, I'm bored and find it all very funny,so go ahead your giving me something do.

Oh, and by the by what rock have you been living under Maximus? What part of Memphis is TRULY safe? Memphis claims their downtown and of course Beale st. is safe, a good chunk of money comes from their tourism, what city actually says how dangerous it is?That is just bad marketing and since when did anybody up in office the actually tell the truth? Never, and most Memphians should know that,should.

Anyway, I have worked downtown and it was not safe for me, I've had to deal with annoying pickpockets, overly aggressive homeless that threatened to throw down rape a friend of mine because she didn't have any money to give them so I yelled ''Jennifer!'' it scared them and they ran off and even my mom's friend got raped not far off from what is considered a''safe area'' downtown , but the act didn't happen there because they drove her down too frayser and did it so it doesn't mean that place is unsafe it means frayser isn't safe,right?

Anyway I'm done ranting for now, I could go on,but I belive I've voiced my opinion, so that's a few small reasons as to why I hate Memphis, I do have reasons why outside of just the BS true reasons,but someone will have something to say, I really look foward to new posts...

Last edited by devyn f.; 06-21-2010 at 12:48 AM.. Reason: typo

Old 06-21-2010, 06:24 AM

2,353 posts, read 5,376,131 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mjtinmemphis View Post
Well. I'm sorry to hear about your experience.

I've had similar issues with white people and continue to have them. I refuse to allow that to make me hate everyone that is white. It takes too much energy to hate. Now that I've thought about it I've had similar situations with blacks asians hispanics.

What's wrong with being called a white boy? Honky is considered as a racial slur if you want to internalise it as such. If someone called me a ****** or something else I would just say your daddy, laugh and keep moving.
I left out the best part of my grocery shopping expeirence. At check-out there was a lady(black)that had 4 children in tow. I would say there age range was 6-12. While trying to figure out the self checkout lane, anytime 1 of the children would say or do anything this pig of a lady would start dropping F-Bombs and any other curse words she felt like adding to the mix. I can only imagine the hate this lady passes onto this children. She looked like she was there Grandmother. I was so embarassed for her. I almost walked over and gave her a pimp slap upside her nasty/greasy coconut

I don't care to be called white boy anymore then you wanna be called a ******. So save it

Quote:
Originally Posted by maximus10 View Post
Beale St. dead? unsafe? Shows how much you know. And it's not a lot.
They shut Beale Street down Saturday Night because of several fights. 1 guy got thrown thru Coyote Uglys front glass, another girl was running around naked and inciting a riot, and 2 blocks away there were 2 seperate shootings

Yes, Beale Street is not a safe place since the blacks have taken over. I say all whites just stay away and lettum all kill each other
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Memphis
View detailed profiles of: