Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Memphis
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-02-2010, 09:21 PM

2 posts, read 3,033 times

Advertisements

I will be moving to memphis in OCT,2010... my job will be at the airport so I'm need advice about apartments is in a safe area within 20 mins of the airport, my price range is up to $650 per month for a one bedroom.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-03-2010, 12:53 PM

1,635 posts, read 2,516,230 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MsTaz View Post
I will be moving to memphis in OCT,2010... my job will be at the airport so I'm need advice about apartments is in a safe area within 20 mins of the airport, my price range is up to $650 per month for a one bedroom.
"Safe area" may be a tough challenge. I've lived in this area for 55 years and sorry to say, it has really gone downhill. For just one bedroom, you should be able to find something decent, but being only 20 minutes from the airport, it's going to be hard to do the safe requirement. Your best bet would be East Memphis, near the U of M and definitely avoid south of Winchester unless you want to move to Mississippi. PM me for details if you like.

Old 07-03-2010, 01:50 PM

1,635 posts, read 2,516,230 times
Also, check the sticky thread at the top and this map. Zoom in, it is very accurate. Stay green.

Neighborhoods - Google Maps

Old 07-05-2010, 05:37 PM

25 posts, read 72,721 times
Default Moving to Memphis in November 2010

Hi,

I'm moving to Cordova, TN in November 2010. I'm retiring from the U.S Navy after 23 yrs of service with an aviation background. Question, what is the best way to acquire a job at the airport? Thank you in advance.

Charles

Quote:
Originally Posted by MsTaz View Post

Old 07-06-2010, 08:20 PM

2 posts, read 3,033 times
I will not be working for the airport, I work for dept of homeland security....sorry

Old 07-07-2010, 02:52 PM

25 posts, read 72,721 times
Default Homeland security

Mz Taz,

Would you please give some advice and recommendations on how to go about getting a job with the Dept. of Homeland Security?

I'm currently in the Navy and will be retiring after 23 years of service at the end of the year. Here are some of my skills and qualifications I have attained while serving my country:

1. Leadership/Management - Supervised up to 70 personnel. Proven ability to communicate effectively in diverse backgrounds and environments[SIZE=3]. [/SIZE]

2. Security - Protected highly sensitive equipment value at 9.5M dollars.

3. Computer Skills - Good working knowledge with Microsoft Word, Excel and Power Point.

4. Loyalty/Professionalism - 23 years of superior performance to the U.S Navy and maintained good order and discipline.

5. Multi-tasked, met deadlines and able to make difficult decision in stressful situations.

6. Enforced 100 percent of company policies and procedures.

7. Active Security Clearance.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Memphis
View detailed profiles of: