Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Memphis
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-08-2011, 06:31 AM

5 posts, read 11,810 times

Advertisements

I've heard on here that Cooper/Young can go from nice to very bad in a short distance. The Pie Factory building is within a quarter mile of the cooper/young intersection. But it's also within a mile of East Parkway and Southern. The building itself seems secure...you have the inside hallway to get to your condo. But would anyone consider these since the surrounding area is bad? I've done the crime map and it seems like the entire area("good" areas included) have a decent amount of "theft, theft from vehicle, simple assault", etc. If you could rent one for under $800/month...would you? I've been looking at mud island too and noticed some crime going on there. Memphis and crime, like peas and carrots for the most part.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-08-2011, 07:06 AM

3,371 posts, read 13,378,224 times
These condos have been discussed several times on this board. if you do a search, you can find what people have said about them before.

Old 04-08-2011, 07:13 AM

5 posts, read 11,810 times
I've searched. But the threads just mentioned buying. But what about renting?

Old 04-08-2011, 12:07 PM

1,703 posts, read 6,315,500 times
You can take certain risks with renting that you can't necessarily take with buying. If you rent there and absolutely hate it, you can leave. You may have to pay a few hundred dollars to break your lease, but you can move. Buyers can't do that. They're invested in their homes.

Personally, I would not buy there. I don't think Pie Factory can hold its value, especially in this economy. Just the fact that rentals are available there tells me that something isn't working out quite right there. Pie Factory was planned to be an owner-occupancy building, not a building with renters. Usually when a building like that starts renting units, it says one of two things: 1) The developer is having problems selling the units, even at the rock-bottom prices they've tried selling them at; or 2) Individual unit owners are upside-down in their loans and can't afford to sell. (There are other possibilities, but those are the two that immediately come to mind.)

But I would consider renting there, knowing that I wouldn't be tied down to the place.

Best wishes.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Memphis
View detailed profiles of: