Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Memphis
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-14-2011, 07:03 PM

1,899 posts, read 3,957,395 times

Advertisements

Check out the apartment complexes near Kirby Pkwy and Poplar Ave in Memphis city limits. That area isn't too far from the Lynnfield apartments you mentioned. You could get an apartment for $800 at Kirby Station and it is a pretty good area.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-15-2011, 04:50 PM

58 posts, read 130,780 times
I live in the Preserve at Forest Creek and am very disappointed. I decided on the complex due to the fact it was a little distance from Memphis proper and was a little pricy. I thought that would help to ensure better neighbors. I have been very disappointed. The way some of the people act, you would think it was the projects. Loud obnoxious idiots, people who throw trash around, people who do not pick up their dog's crap, etc. It is sickening.

Old 07-15-2011, 06:33 PM

80 posts, read 267,491 times
Check out the Fairfax Manor Townhomes in East Memphis. The area is fantastic -- convenient to almost anything you could need and safe. My husband and I lived there for 7 years...only moved because we bought a house. I've posted here on city-data about it before...*searches*...in this thread: //www.city-data.com/forum/memph...lace-live.html

Old 07-15-2011, 11:02 PM

506 posts, read 1,011,442 times
The nicest apartment area, in my very biased opinion, is the South Main area, where I live. Tons of cool little shops and restaurants, most complexes have good security, and you should be able to swing something for under $800. It's also 5 minutes from everything downtown, so your commute will be a breeze.

Old 07-16-2011, 05:58 PM

107 posts, read 312,735 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by backstagediva View Post
I have been lurking on this forum for 2 months now and have searched it. My apartment list has changed due to the area map and others thoughts. But I have a few apartments/areas I'm not sure of. I'm working with a realtor as well, but she isnt sure on some of these areas since she mostly works in Germantown, Cordova and Lakeland (?). My first trip to Memphis is the 23rd to check it out. I'm pregnant so I wont be able to travel down there as much as I like before I give birth and we need to move. *sigh* Moving with a 3 month old, our first, to a new city and a new job. Sounds delightful. Any ways... friendly, constructive thoughts would be super! Thank you in advance!!

Arobors Century Center, Champion Hills Windyke, Civic Center East (Southhaven, MS), Eton Square, Greenlaw Place, Hickory Farms, Madison at Cypress Lakes, Metropolitan, Midtown Place, Pecan Grove (Walls, MS), Providence Place, Stone Ridge, Sutton Place, The Crossings at Fox Meadows, Trails at Mt Moriah, Lynnfield Place, anything in Southhaven or Robinsonville, MS.

I'll be working in downtown, since I'll have a new born we would love to have a washer dryer in unit or at least connections and since we'll still have house payments until my husband can move in June, under $800 would be nice....
how many bedrooms are you looking for?

Old 07-18-2011, 09:16 AM

8 posts, read 19,141 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by one opinion View Post
how many bedrooms are you looking for?

Two.

Old 07-18-2011, 09:30 AM

8 posts, read 19,141 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rockadoodle View Post
Check out the Fairfax Manor Townhomes in East Memphis. The area is fantastic -- convenient to almost anything you could need and safe. My husband and I lived there for 7 years...only moved because we bought a house. I've posted here on city-data about it before...*searches*...in this thread: //www.city-data.com/forum/memph...lace-live.html
Thanks for the suggestion! Do you know if they have a website? I have searched and cant find anything.... I also called and left a voice mail for the office to get some more information.

Old 07-19-2011, 07:59 AM

6 posts, read 19,167 times
Default Midtown

Check out the Memphis Flyer's realty classifieds for duplexes or other housing options. My wife and I just moved into the East Buntyn area and have been very pleased with it. I think riding through a neighborhood at different times of the day can give you a pretty good assessment of it. If it looks sketch, stay away.

Old 07-23-2011, 06:38 PM

80 posts, read 267,491 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by backstagediva View Post
Thanks for the suggestion! Do you know if they have a website? I have searched and cant find anything.... I also called and left a voice mail for the office to get some more information.
I don't think they have a website. It's not a corpo type community like a lot of apt complexes. Hope they called you back.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Memphis