Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Memphis
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-18-2007, 09:09 AM

3,371 posts, read 13,371,912 times

Advertisements

Are we in a cat-fight now? Grow up with the name calling and put-downs. If Memphis upsets you to this extent, just leave.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-18-2007, 09:34 AM

232 posts, read 795,698 times
LOL @ "There's a bum lurking around every corner"

Ooooooh, the homeless are soooooo dangerous! Please, show me a city where people aren't displaced from their jobs, veterans receive full benefits, and people don't become addicted to crutches such as alcohol, drugs, gambling, etc. Oh wait, now I remember.....Memphis is the only city with those problems and every single homeless person is out to kill you for two dollars.

Are you being forced to stay here? If you are so unhappy, please, feel free to leave.

Old 09-18-2007, 09:35 AM

56 posts, read 63,470 times
Moderators don't choose sides. You're supposed to keep the peace, not censor people. Maybe you should stop trying to be so P-C and "keep it real", so to speak. Someone as condescending as you should be able to take it as well. You're indeed a Memphian. Hates to hear the truth. You're like drug addicts. They never want to acknowledge their problems. They would rather keep a bunch of enablers around them.

You know how you begin to fix Memphis' probems, consolidate the two governments. Make education and crime in Shelby County everyone's issue.

Old 09-18-2007, 09:45 AM

defiepilex, are you saying you won't miss me??!?! Darn!!! Leaving won't be the same now!! You just wait and see!! This city won't function without me!!

Seriously, bums ugly-up downtown. Plus, many of them have mental disorders and they need treatment. You can't be a progressive city and have bums roaming all over the place.

Old 09-18-2007, 09:50 AM

232 posts, read 795,698 times
Homeless people ugly-up the entire economy. The solution isn't clearing them out of our cities. If we could stop spending our taxes trying to find a way to let rich people live on the moon, we would have no reason to get medical help for the homeless and help them start their lives over.

Old 09-18-2007, 10:05 AM

3,371 posts, read 13,371,912 times
So by keeping the peace, we should get rid of you then? Is that what you are getting at? I have done nothing but state my opinion; you have come on here with a horrible, mean attitude and put down other people on this forum. There is no need for that. The only condescending person on here has been you.

This question was asking people who like Memphis and are happy here to give their opinions. If you are not happy, there is no point in you adding anything to this post.

Old 09-18-2007, 10:24 AM

Uh Pearlbob, who on these boards did i attack who didn't attack me first???? I can answer that,... NO ONE!! Seems like you have issues with people who disagree with you. Go head, ban me!! I'll just change my name or something. Dude, you're really getting your feathers ruffled!! What's the real problem??

Old 09-18-2007, 10:28 AM

defiepilex, I'm not saying exterminate them. I'm saying get them off the streets. Now I know helping the homeless get off the streets doesn't directly generate revenue. But just think of how much more attractive that makes the inner-city.

Old 09-18-2007, 10:33 AM

376 posts, read 1,778,900 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by london1979 View Post
defiepilex, are you saying you won't miss me??!?! Darn!!! Leaving won't be the same now!! You just wait and see!! This city won't function without me!!

Seriously, bums ugly-up downtown. Plus, many of them have mental disorders and they need treatment. You can't be a progressive city and have bums roaming all over the place.
Apparently, you don't travel.

Old 09-18-2007, 10:36 AM

I didn't say Memphis was the only city with bums.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Memphis