U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Memphis
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-02-2007, 12:00 PM

1 posts, read 4,472 times

Advertisements

I am new to memphis will be living here for the next 3 yrs working near Collierville. I am planning to invest in a new home in Collierville areas. Please recommend good subdivisions where the value appreciates and easy for resale. I also wonder why the house prices are lower in Cordova region.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-02-2007, 12:44 PM

3,371 posts, read 12,790,443 times
Cordova is part of Memphis city, it is not it's own town. Collierville is much further east and has great schools, huge homes, more ritzy if you will. I would guess just about any area of Cville is great to build in; as far as home appreciations, it's impossible to say in the market right now. Who knows what it will be like in 3 years.

Old 10-02-2007, 12:45 PM

1,703 posts, read 6,044,276 times
Cordova is in the City -- thus City taxes, City schools, City problems. The Cordova housing market is saturated.

Collierville is its own separate town -- thus lower taxes, Shelby County schools, not many problems. Demand is high there, so prices are higher there.

Having been to Collierville only three times in my life, I don't know much about individual housing developments there. I did tour a condo there a few months ago. It was terribly overpriced.

Best wishes.

Old 10-02-2007, 01:39 PM

1 posts, read 4,448 times
Default Collierville

Any house in any subdivision will appreciate and sell in Collierville. I grew up in Collierville and have seen it absolutely explode in development. I remember when it was nothing but, cotton fields and dirt roads. Tipton county ( Rosemark, Atoka ) are reminiscent of what Collierville was just 15 years ago.

Old 11-06-2007, 09:34 AM

2 posts, read 16,590 times
I have lived in C'ville for 12 years and can attest to the great appreciation of the two houses we have owned while there. Mid-range homes seem to appreciate the fastest ($200,000-300,000). I live in Wellington Farms area which has homes which range from 10-12 yrs old to brand new. Public schools are good in this area which is a big selling point. Stay away from Cordova....city recently annexed that area and it has gone downhill since. Good luck!

Old 11-09-2007, 08:56 PM

3 posts, read 10,733 times
I would agree with the other posting about staying away from cordova...realtors may tell you that the schools there are great but becasue they are apart of memphis city schools they wont stay great much longer. I acutally gratuated HS in 2003 and i would say they were wores than collierville then. While c'ville schools are better they are terribly over crowded.

As for a place to live, any of the subdivisions off of byhalia are going to be a great bet. We first moved there when i was in 5th grade and the street still had cotten fields. now when i come home from college i barley recogonize it as the same palce.

Old 11-13-2007, 10:13 PM

625 posts, read 4,419,550 times
King Willie controls Cordova now, hence the downslide in values...he doesn't "rule" Collierville because it's incorporated.

Old 11-14-2007, 09:16 AM

738 posts, read 2,456,618 times
I just sent you a private message, I've looked extensively, and done school research on Collierville schools (moving there in January). What's your price range?

Old 01-13-2008, 01:59 PM

1 posts, read 4,058 times
Default new to c'ville

coming from NYC, im deciding whether to purchase a home in collierville vs. olive branch. Are there any other areas which should be considered by a person with significant history and knowledge of the area? which is better in terms of crime rates, home appreciations, future outlook, education, income?

Old 01-13-2008, 02:28 PM

190 posts, read 624,510 times
Default Collierville Info

Both Collierville and Olive Branch are nice. There is no income tax in TN but there is in MS. Property taxes are higher in TN than MS.

There are some nice new sub divisions being built in the northern part of Collierville and those are about 1 mile from an elementary school, and the high school. Collierville puts a ton of money into parks and value added services for the residents. I moved from NYC many years ago and really enjoy Collierville. About 40 minutes from the City of Memphis. Home values continue to appreciate here.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Memphis