Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Memphis
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-26-2013, 07:52 AM

1,062 posts, read 2,052,751 times

Advertisements

Anyone looking for something to do today The Memphis Symphony Orchestra and the North MS Allstars are playing today for free at Soulsville from 2-3:30.

Join Luther, Cody and the Memphis Symphony Orchestra on January 24th at the New Daisy Theatre in Memphis for a special performance as part of the MSO Opus One Series. Fans will be treated to a unique night of music, as the Memphis Symphony Orchestra will rework the songs of the North Mississippi Allstars for full orchestral accompaniment. Tickets are available now at www.memphissymphonyorchestra.org.

Obviously that was last night, but today...

There will be an encore performance on January 26 in Soulsville, TN to support the Memphis Music Magnet in Soulsville, TN. Get more info at www.memphissymphony.org

Luther is one of the best guitarists in music today and NMAS is a great band.

Great music coming from Soulsville so get out and support it. Yes even you suburbanites, get out!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-26-2013, 09:53 AM

1,028 posts, read 2,338,190 times
Too bad this wont be goin on when I'm in town... This is a nice departure from traditional symphony performances. I know they've done it for one or two years with interesting collaborations like 3-6.

Old 01-26-2013, 10:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kabluey View Post
Too bad this wont be goin on when I'm in town... This is a nice departure from traditional symphony performances. I know they've done it for one or two years with interesting collaborations like 3-6.
I'll take some pics...

Here is an article on Luther and them. Kinda weird it's in the WSJ. But oh well.

Luther Dickinson | His Music Rooted in Memphis's Soil | By Jim Fusilli - WSJ.com

I thought you lived in Memphis.

Old 01-26-2013, 10:17 AM

Speaking of 3-6. Al Kapone played the shell this past fall. You ever see him and Blackbone play together? It was back in the 90's the last time they played but it was some great stuff.

Old 01-26-2013, 03:18 PM

Well I went and it was a packed house. Great show. Unfortunately Chris Chew didn't play, a great show nonetheless.

Old 01-28-2013, 09:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by knucklehead_vol View Post
I'll take some pics...

Here is an article on Luther and them. Kinda weird it's in the WSJ. But oh well.

Luther Dickinson | His Music Rooted in Memphis's Soil | By Jim Fusilli - WSJ.com

I thought you lived in Memphis.
Nah, I had to move to Arizona a bit back. Looking for opportunity to move back, or at least split time. For now, I'll settle for the startup confeence in February.

Old 01-28-2013, 12:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigFishe View Post
I'd take the Tuscon area over Memphis as well - I split between east coast and Mem
Memphis has its advantages; I do miss it. I wish flyover country wasn't so vast.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Memphis
View detailed profiles of: