Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Memphis
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-02-2013, 09:26 AM

3 posts, read 7,864 times

Advertisements

Hello!

I know this post may come across to many as odd, however I'm not sure where else to look for what I want so desperately in life.

I am a 28 year old black lesbian female who is happily married to the woman of my life. We're currently buying a home, have four dogs, one cat and a great big loving and supporting family (i.e. parents, siblings, etc...)

However, what we're still working on is a child. After talking about this for about 6 months we have decided that the best thing for us would be to find a loving gay couple who also wants a child and that is willing to co-parent with a lesbian couple. One of my employees is a very well-rounded, stunning straight man who is happily married with three children. However, he has four parents, He has two lesbian moms and two gay dads. They co-parented him from birth to adulthood and there is no issue or conflict.

I know and understand that this is something that is somewhat unconventional... even to the LGBT community. But, my wife and I believe that this would work great for us. Not only would we be able to have our child that we so desperately want, but we would also be able to help that gay male couple have the child they so desperately want as well.

I guess my question is... how would I begin my search in the Memphis area for something of this nature? I contacted the Memphis LGBT center and was told that they just "don't help" with things of that nature. Much less a board I could even post it on.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-02-2013, 09:43 AM

255 posts, read 710,818 times
Just to clarify, are you wanting to biologically conceive and partner with a gay male couple using their sperm, or adopt a child together and co-parent alongside of them? Either option would take you down very different paths, so clarification is helpful.

Old 07-02-2013, 11:15 AM

Biologically

Old 07-02-2013, 12:41 PM

255 posts, read 710,818 times
You might want to post the question on the "Parenting" forum and then list it on the "Pregnancy" forum under that. You might get more responses that way!

Old 07-02-2013, 01:40 PM

My apologies! This is my first day on the site and I didn't find a parenting forum. But, I will definately look for it again. Thanks! :-)

Old 07-02-2013, 08:16 PM

1,380 posts, read 2,397,877 times
Any particular reason you want a gay couple? Seems that one man should get the job done just fine. I very much don't want that to come off snarky or judgmental, so apologies if it did. Just a sincere question. Best of luck on your road to motherhood!

Old 07-03-2013, 08:31 AM

738 posts, read 2,575,955 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vaughn2885 View Post
Hello!

I know this post may come across to many as odd, however I'm not sure where else to look for what I want so desperately in life.

I am a 28 year old black lesbian female who is happily married to the woman of my life. We're currently buying a home, have four dogs, one cat and a great big loving and supporting family (i.e. parents, siblings, etc...)

However, what we're still working on is a child. After talking about this for about 6 months we have decided that the best thing for us would be to find a loving gay couple who also wants a child and that is willing to co-parent with a lesbian couple. One of my employees is a very well-rounded, stunning straight man who is happily married with three children. However, he has four parents, He has two lesbian moms and two gay dads. They co-parented him from birth to adulthood and there is no issue or conflict.

I know and understand that this is something that is somewhat unconventional... even to the LGBT community. But, my wife and I believe that this would work great for us. Not only would we be able to have our child that we so desperately want, but we would also be able to help that gay male couple have the child they so desperately want as well.

I guess my question is... how would I begin my search in the Memphis area for something of this nature? I contacted the Memphis LGBT center and was told that they just "don't help" with things of that nature. Much less a board I could even post it on.
I think that's a great idea, no matter what anyone thinks, there ARE differences in how a man parents vs. a woman, gay or not. I love that you are looking into doing this for your future child!! I wish I could help, but Memphis is not the most gay friendly/progressive city, as you've probably already figured out. My daughter and her friends can't even get a LGBQT club started at her high school, keeps getting pushed off by administration! Good luck to you.

Old 07-03-2013, 09:30 AM

1,062 posts, read 2,053,005 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ColliervilleMom View Post
I think that's a great idea, no matter what anyone thinks, there ARE differences in how a man parents vs. a woman, gay or not. I love that you are looking into doing this for your future child!! I wish I could help, but Memphis is not the most gay friendly/progressive city, as you've probably already figured out. My daughter and her friends can't even get a LGBQT club started at her high school, keeps getting pushed off by administration! Good luck to you.

Your in Collierville right?

I think Jabiltou (I know the spelling is off) can answer this best.

Old 07-03-2013, 01:27 PM

428 posts, read 848,813 times
This is the wrong forum to post this in. And you do realize the State of Tennessee does not view your marriage as valid.

Old 07-03-2013, 01:31 PM

10,564 posts, read 12,818,961 times
To very very complex- If you are a lesbian - find a male that wants a child...not to offend - have the child naturally with the man and take if from there....certainly there must be one male in the world that could live up to your genetic standards for breeding? - I was half joking here....anyway I repeat...it's so complex I can barely get my head around what you want to do...good luck.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Memphis