Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Memphis
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-26-2007, 12:19 AM

4 posts, read 11,120 times

Advertisements

Nearly 1,100 of Ridgeway High School's 1,500 students didn't show up or were checked out of school Wednesday by parents concerned by a cascade of text messages warning of a possible shooting.
The incident started when a group of students began taunting another student during a Monday afternoon class. typical memphis such a crap hole
memphis gets such rave reviews on here but memphis is such a dive. im not an athiest but religion oh my ohhh gotta go to my cult on sunday they claim is church geez they look like huge mansions money being filtered to those who run it not those who need it. Memphis is just so crime ridden yeah you might have beale street but the bums and panhandlers that harrass you every day is just tiring plus i reckon you would get your car broken into down or midtown if you have even the smallest of change visible. Coming from a real city I am glad I am leaving and i bet I am about to be abused by people but memphis is going nowhere and it is all due to the attitude of the residents who **** me off so much everyday
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-26-2007, 07:00 AM

13,353 posts, read 39,963,688 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aussieguy View Post
I am glad I am leaving and i bet I am about to be abused by people but memphis is going nowhere and it is all due to the attitude of the residents who **** me off so much everyday
My goodness, you spew such bile and then say it's the residents of Memphis who have the attitude? You sound like the angry boyfriend who just broke up with his girlfriend and is determined to make sure no one else will ever date her, either.

Best of luck in finding a happy place to live. I, for one, can't wait to get back to Memphis.

Old 04-26-2007, 07:59 AM

3,371 posts, read 13,378,224 times
Haha! No joke. Memphians are horrible yet this guy sounds like a total idiot. And talk about horrible grammar....you must have gone to these bad Memphis public schools that you've made fun of before!

It's amazing how people sink to such immature, elementary levels to try to get their snobbish point across. Instead of just pointing out flaws or problems, and trying to come up with solutions or give better examples elsewhere, they choose to just use name calling like a 9 year old.

If Memphis makes you sooooo mad....why do you bother talking about it? Why not try to block the memory of this horrid city out of your brain? Run away Aussie!! And don't look back!

Old 04-26-2007, 06:01 PM

5 posts, read 33,788 times
Regardless of how he said it, he's right and you know it. Memphis really sucks.

Old 04-26-2007, 06:35 PM

3,371 posts, read 13,378,224 times
What is wrong with people?
Aspects of Memphis are bad.
You cannot generalize an entire area that has one million people in it.
If you hate things so much, why are you on here talking about it?! My god, I hate chocolate but you don't see me on chocolate forums whining about how much chocolate sucks and how bad it is and how ALL chocolate is bad and everyone who likes chocolate is a moron.
Get over it.

Old 04-30-2007, 09:15 AM

14,993 posts, read 23,892,069 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aussieguy View Post
Nearly 1,100 of Ridgeway High School's 1,500 students didn't show up or were checked out of school Wednesday by parents concerned by a cascade of text messages warning of a possible shooting.
The incident started when a group of students began taunting another student during a Monday afternoon class. typical memphis such a crap hole
memphis gets such rave reviews on here but memphis is such a dive. im not an athiest but religion oh my ohhh gotta go to my cult on sunday they claim is church geez they look like huge mansions money being filtered to those who run it not those who need it. Memphis is just so crime ridden yeah you might have beale street but the bums and panhandlers that harrass you every day is just tiring plus i reckon you would get your car broken into down or midtown if you have even the smallest of change visible. Coming from a real city I am glad I am leaving and i bet I am about to be abused by people but memphis is going nowhere and it is all due to the attitude of the residents who **** me off so much everyday
First of all - perhaps go decaf before you post....

I was wondering about your "Memphis got rave reviews" comment amidst your disjointed rambling post. Man, I thought everyone here in this forum (including me at times) bashes Memphis. I rarely read anything good about it, which actually is in the nature of a website, people tend to complain more than compliment. So I agree to some extent with what I think you are trying to say - Memphis has crime, drug, and panhandling problems. I disagree with your comment "Memphis gets rave reviews", actually I think the problems are exaggerated somewhat.
..so what did the "religion oh my ohhh gotta go to my cult" comment have to do with anything? I couldn't make sense of that.

Old 04-30-2007, 03:15 PM

201 posts, read 1,070,773 times
Umm. Ok. Feel better now?

Old 05-03-2007, 09:28 PM

14 posts, read 72,953 times
I moved here a year and a half ago with my husband and I LOVE Memphis; I'll probably never move now. As long as you stay out of the areas with the high crime rates, Memphis is actually a great city to live in. I live in the Cordova area and I couldn't be happier here.

Old 05-04-2007, 01:52 AM

11 posts, read 49,457 times
Absolutely. Worst big city I've ever been to in my life.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CTTNSCTN View Post
Regardless of how he said it, he's right and you know it. Memphis really sucks.

Old 05-06-2007, 05:06 AM

79 posts, read 422,922 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by peanutbutterz View Post
Absolutely. Worst big city I've ever been to in my life.

Then either move or if you don't live here, do us all a favor and never visit again.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Memphis
View detailed profiles of: