Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Memphis
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-20-2008, 11:17 AM

3 posts, read 40,393 times

Advertisements

Can anyone provide me with the names of gated communities in the East Memphis, Cordova, or Germantown areas? I'm looking for a zero lot-line, one story, 1800-2300 square foot home for my mother. The location is limited because she needs to be near my home.

I'm working with a realtor but have found only a few communities with limited homes for sale. With as many new homes that have been built in the last 15 years, I'm surprised that there aren't more gated communities. Am I missing something?

Thanks.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-22-2008, 09:43 PM

376 posts, read 1,778,900 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kathymed View Post
Can anyone provide me with the names of gated communities in the East Memphis, Cordova, or Germantown areas? I'm looking for a zero lot-line, one story, 1800-2300 square foot home for my mother. The location is limited because she needs to be near my home.

I'm working with a realtor but have found only a few communities with limited homes for sale. With as many new homes that have been built in the last 15 years, I'm surprised that there aren't more gated communities. Am I missing something?

Thanks.
A gated community is pretty pointless in Germantown. The only purpose of the gate there is to maintain exclusivity, not for safety. There is a zero lot-line neighborhood reserved for seniors at the corner of Poplar and Forest Hill, though the homes are around $300k.

Old 01-29-2008, 06:11 PM

11 posts, read 95,811 times
Ashley Gardens, Humphreys/Shady Grove in East Memphis.

EL

Old 02-04-2008, 10:40 AM

1 posts, read 18,781 times
Default Property

I live in Pheasant Acres in Cordova, TN. and love it. There are apporximately 60 houses in this gated community. There is one house for sale currently for sale by Germantown Properties. This community is located at Woodchase and Germantown Parkway.

Old 02-13-2008, 03:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exec Libra View Post
Ashley Gardens, Humphreys/Shady Grove in East Memphis.

EL
Update: we now have a home for sale. Grab it quickly.

EL

Old 02-13-2008, 07:12 PM

15 posts, read 54,234 times
Lincoln at Wolfchase. A friend of mine just moved in there and loves it. It is in Cordova - good schools, near the mall, nice area, gated community.

Old 02-14-2008, 06:04 AM

3 posts, read 40,393 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Exec Libra View Post
Update: we now have a home for sale. Grab it quickly.

EL

The Shady Grove/Humphries Blvd area is beautiful. Since the community is gated, I can't drive into it to see homes for sale. Do you have an address for the home that's for sale, or just a street name so that I can look it up?

Thanks!

Old 02-27-2008, 05:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kathymed View Post
The Shady Grove/Humphries Blvd area is beautiful. Since the community is gated, I can't drive into it to see homes for sale. Do you have an address for the home that's for sale, or just a street name so that I can look it up?

Thanks!
I believe that it is 961 Riverwalk. The zip is 38120. You can see the "For Sale" sign on their front lawn from the gated entry. Century 21 has the listing.

EL

Old 03-01-2008, 01:08 PM

22 posts, read 89,360 times
We used to live in The Village Of River Oaks (next to Ashley Gardens). It is a gated community with a lot of homes for sale. Check it out, it is a wonderful neighborhood.

Old 03-02-2008, 03:50 PM

1 posts, read 18,512 times
In Germantown there are two gated communities. Aintree Farms and Glenalden (sp? ). Houses in Aintree still start in the high 200's, not sure about Glenalden. Aintree is a great place to live.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Memphis
View detailed profiles of: