Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Memphis
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 02-01-2008, 08:44 AM

3,371 posts, read 13,376,311 times

Advertisements

There is also a Montessori school downtown on the island, but *I think* it's only for younger kids; just FYI if you really want Montessori and the other school does not pan out. I'm sure all of these schools have their own websites, although I would imagine they don't list prices online

Old 02-01-2008, 09:44 AM

774 posts, read 2,582,344 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pearlbob View Post
There is also a Montessori school downtown on the island, but *I think* it's only for younger kids; just FYI if you really want Montessori and the other school does not pan out. I'm sure all of these schools have their own websites, although I would imagine they don't list prices online

Actually, Lamplighter Montessori has their entire tuition schedule on their webpage under "admissions". www.lamplighterschool.org

The Maria Montessori school on Mud Island goes to age 14. They do not have a tuition schedule on their web page.

Of all the private schools we considered, I believe all (perhaps with the exclusion of Lausanne) had their tuition schedule on their website.

Old 07-06-2008, 12:32 PM

1 posts, read 2,272 times
Smile Olivias Montessori would be much better

and cheaper. please check her out. There is more than one montessori school here

Old 07-06-2008, 12:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by starkravim66 View Post
and cheaper. please check her out. There is more than one montessori school here
Olivia's montessori only goes from 3 year olds to kindergarten.

Old 07-06-2008, 07:56 PM

94 posts, read 374,626 times
Wow, that tuition is cheap compared to Illinois! I'd pay that in a heartbeat for my kids. I'm a teacher though, and not a fan of Montessori....doesn't work for my kids! Just my opinion! Good luck though!

Old 07-06-2008, 09:40 PM

94 posts, read 374,626 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pearlbob View Post
Bartlett, Arlington, Germantown, Collierville, etc cannot be annexed. They are cities of their own. The only "areas" annexed into Memphis are areas that were never incorporated cities.

I have no clue how long a wait list is to get into a private school; you can call around and ask. I would imagine all wait lists require a deposit.

Your child is only 1 year old. It's way too early to be calling around about wait lists. How do you know what private schools will be good in 4 years? that's a long time. I would worry more about the move and finding a good home right now, not about what might happen in 4 years.
So how is Bartlett with crime and schools? I've heard a little bit of everything from various people I know. What's your thought?

Old 07-07-2008, 06:38 AM

22 posts, read 89,384 times
There is a private school thing every year at the agricenter where all the private schools come and show their stuff. Let me see if I can find you a link.

Old 07-07-2008, 06:43 AM

22 posts, read 89,384 times
Well here is a link to their events calendar:
Agricenter International - 2007 Home
I don't think anyone offers a school for 1 year olds, but there are mother's day outs. I have heard great things about programs at the JCC, Emanuel United Methodist, Christ United Day School and Second Baptist Church. Good luck with your search.

Old 07-07-2008, 07:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonkey View Post
Well here is a link to their events calendar:
Agricenter International - 2007 Home
I don't think anyone offers a school for 1 year olds, but there are mother's day outs. I have heard great things about programs at the JCC, Emanuel United Methodist, Christ United Day School and Second Baptist Church. Good luck with your search.
The original poster isn't looking for a school for a year old child; the poster is getting a head start on looking at schools.

Old 07-07-2008, 07:11 PM

196 posts, read 692,569 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by worried4kids View Post
So how is Bartlett with crime and schools? I've heard a little bit of everything from various people I know. What's your thought?
Bartlett is good.
Good schools...good people.

My advice is that when you buy a house, be sure to get one in a good school district.
Contact the school and explain that you would like to observe and tour the school.
They will have someone show you around and you can see if you feel comfortable with the school environment.
Talk to other parents and find out how they feel about their children's schools.
You have four years to research.

When your kids get older, into high school and middle school, they can find trouble if they look for it, but they can find trouble in private school just as quickly as they can in public.

I'm a former teacher.
Lamplighter has been around for many years, but like the other poster, I am not a fan of the Montessori concept or methods.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Memphis