Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Memphis
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-15-2008, 08:25 AM

12 posts, read 16,406 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by umograd83 View Post
Well, you will find that the people here are very friendly.

I've already noticed that the little bit that I've been out, it's been that way. Believe it or not, in San Diego, people are generally pretty friendly too.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-15-2008, 08:46 AM

19 posts, read 59,582 times
Hey new ppls

I've been here a few months but don't know a lot of people. I recently found this board while home shopping around here.

I'm a 30yr old single guy living downtown - where do most of you in my age group hang out on the weekends?

Old 04-15-2008, 08:57 AM

3,371 posts, read 13,377,196 times
Try joining MPACT Memphis; it's an org for younger professionals, mainly downtown, to help the downtown business environment.

Old 04-15-2008, 09:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrazyMary View Post
Hey new ppls

I've been here a few months but don't know a lot of people. I recently found this board while home shopping around here.

I'm a 30yr old single guy living downtown - where do most of you in my age group hang out on the weekends?
Yeah, what he said! Let's find a place and meet up. Haha...do I seem to anxious?

Old 04-15-2008, 09:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pearlbob View Post
Try joining MPACT Memphis; it's an org for younger professionals, mainly downtown, to help the downtown business environment.

Thanks Bob!

Old 04-15-2008, 09:38 AM

19 posts, read 59,582 times
Quote:
Thanks PB - found the website, gives me something to look at while @ work

Quote:
Originally Posted by skpr View Post
Yeah, what he said! Let's find a place and meet up. Haha...do I seem to anxious?
I've been here a few months, but I don't know anything. My problem is that I moved here for a job, but it's a small firm and ALL my co-workers are 50+. So I don't really have much opportunity for socializing/networking there. Sounds like we'd need a guide skpr =p

Old 04-15-2008, 09:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrazyMary View Post
Thanks PB - found the website, gives me something to look at while @ work

I've been here a few months, but I don't know anything. My problem is that I moved here for a job, but it's a small firm and ALL my co-workers are 50+. So I don't really have much opportunity for socializing/networking there. Sounds like we'd need a guide skpr =p

Yeah, I start my job tomorrow. It'll just be me and the boss, so not much of a chance of meeting too many people there.

Guide anyone?

Old 04-15-2008, 09:45 AM

Are you looking for suggestions of where to go downtown? Or anywhere?

Old 04-15-2008, 09:49 AM

Quote:
Are you looking for suggestions of where to go downtown? Or anywhere?

Sure...all of the above.

Old 04-15-2008, 10:15 AM

The first place I can think of downtown is Flying Saucer for locals. The bars at Hueys, Dan McGuinness, Majestic also. Big Foot, Calhouns, Circa, Sauces.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Memphis
View detailed profiles of: