U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Memphis
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-12-2008, 02:55 PM

259 posts, read 764,545 times

Advertisements

I have heard that midtown is very gay friendly. I have a friend who is gay and need to find an apartment in midtown that is very affordable. Any ideas?
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-12-2008, 03:00 PM

3,371 posts, read 12,801,531 times
Midtown is "the" place for rentals. There are apts for rent all over...just drive around and look for "for rent" signs. It's hard to say what may or may not be affordable to you, or in general. What is your price range?

Regardless, it's a matter of finding places and calling the numbers listed and asking. A lot of places rely on word of mouth and don't advertise.

If you want a large complex, there are few in midtown. Kimbrough, Gilmore, the Belvedere, and Midtown Place come to mind.

Old 05-12-2008, 03:03 PM

259 posts, read 764,545 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pearlbob View Post
Midtown is "the" place for rentals. There are apts for rent all over...just drive around and look for "for rent" signs. It's hard to say what may or may not be affordable to you, or in general. What is your price range?

Regardless, it's a matter of finding places and calling the numbers listed and asking. A lot of places rely on word of mouth and don't advertise.

If you want a large complex, there are few in midtown. Kimbrough, Gilmore, the Belvedere, and Midtown Place come to mind.

Great, thanks. I am thinking around $500.00 - $600.00 a month. I have heard of a place called Autobon Downs? Have you heard about it?

Old 05-12-2008, 03:11 PM

4,189 posts, read 3,367,320 times
Midtown Property Management & Realty - Memphis Homes & Apartments
The Memphis Flyer "flyermarket"
Revid Property Management

Old 05-13-2008, 08:06 AM

Audubon Downs? Rings a bell..do you know where it is located?

Old 05-13-2008, 10:01 AM

^^^ located off central past Christian Brothers on the right side if you are going towards the U of M area. I have not heard anything about them but they affordable though. Check out their ratings on Apartment Ratings - Apartments for Rent with Ratings and Reviews from Actual Renters. Its been useful to me in the past.

Old 05-13-2008, 10:13 AM

ooohhh okay. It's right under a busy railroad track, corect? Not the best location to say the least. To the east, you'll get into some great neighborhoods, but to the west and south, it's not so safe. Plus, the train issue

Old 05-13-2008, 12:04 PM

^^^yep right under the tracks. The OP is kinda restricted with her price range. I would recommend other parts of Midtown. There are lots of buidlings with private owners that rent out apts in that range.Midtown Property Management & Realty - Memphis Homes & Apartments is a good site for finding midtown rentals.

Old 05-13-2008, 12:42 PM

I also agree that something more centrally located would be better for you. Audubon Downs isn't really walkable to anything. Some of the rentals on the above site are around restaurants and bars, and near nicer neighborhoods. Now, the individual apts may not be very nice (who knows until you go look) but at least the neighborhoods around the Madison/McLean area are full of younger people who walk around, job, walk dogs, go drink, etc. Also, the Cooper/Young area is well known as a popular area for younger people, and for gay people.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Memphis