Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Memphis
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-18-2008, 09:21 PM

259 posts, read 789,411 times

Advertisements

I read all the time that Memphis is bad and unless you live in the midtown You need to get as far away from the city as possible. But if all good hard working people are leaving then Memphis will never be a good place to live. There must be another way. I am from Tacoma WA and in the 80s we had a large gang problem there. Well, The city cleaned it up and now more and more people are moving in rather then out. Can that be done here?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-19-2008, 04:41 AM

88 posts, read 294,632 times
Of course that can be done here. It requires people that are willing to step away from American Idol and dedicate some time to their community though. Those that are unwilling will leave. Others will stay.

I'm certainly not slamming those that leave in any way. When they moved in to the community nobody told them that they would have to donate their time and effort to cleaning it up and it's unfair to 'expect' them to do that. They make a choice and that choice is quite respectable.

Others will make a different choice. They will stay and fight. Both choices are valid.

Old 05-19-2008, 03:28 PM

1,287 posts, read 3,336,934 times
I've never seen American Idol.

Old 05-19-2008, 09:23 PM

259 posts, read 789,411 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tunky View Post
I've never seen American Idol.

It is late and I am tired. Please, what do you mean..?

Old 05-20-2008, 05:46 AM

1,287 posts, read 3,336,934 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RikBrooks View Post
Of course that can be done here. It requires people that are willing to step away from American Idol and dedicate some time to their community though. Those that are unwilling will leave. Others will stay.
I was tired too...

Old 06-05-2008, 02:52 AM

89 posts, read 317,147 times
Quote:
Well, The city cleaned it up
And therein is a big problem with Memphis. There is no leadership or accountablity here. And the more thuggish and corrupt you are, the more the increasingly thuggish population here will vote for you. They don't want it cleaned up. That would mean they might have to get their act together.

Its a paradox, and the racist mayor has driven out so many people, while the dumb stay here and mulitply that this city is a lost cause.

Sad but very true.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Memphis
View detailed profiles of: