U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Happy Independence Day!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Memphis
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-03-2008, 01:39 PM

93 posts, read 339,912 times

Advertisements

Help! -

I'm at a loss; a house 2 houses down from me has been owned by Rivercity management and they rent this house out. I'm not oppossed to renters coming into the neighborhood (our best freinds we met years ago when they rented in our neighborhood) but what does bother me about this new "group" of people that moved in 2 months ago is the following:

1. Tore up and trashy cars parked in the road (we have no home owners association here)

2. The man in the house hangs out on the front porch all hours including 7am in the morning drinking beer the whole day

3. The guy in the house ALWAYS is on his front porch watching all of the kids getting off the bus which has freaked some people out here

4. Domestic dispute there last night at 10 pm at night!

5. No clue how many families are living in there!

I'm pretty laid back but enough is enough already......I'm concerned; how can I look him up on the sex registry offender if I do not know his name because I am sure that this new address has not registered yet?

What would you do, I feel like this one group of people moving in just FUBAR'd my neighborhood. Do we group together and run them off?

HELP...............
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-03-2008, 02:14 PM

3,371 posts, read 12,755,433 times
I'd be careful with calling someone a sex offender when all he's doing is sitting on the porch. Sounds like he's sitting there watching the world go by all day and night, not just when the kids are walking by. I don't think most people register a rental address so you'd probably not have luck there.

If they are causing disturbances, your best bet is to contact the owner and let him know that his renters are causing problems in the neighborhood. If it's a major issue, like the domestic disturbance, then call the police and call the owner.

Sitting on the porch isn't a crime, but if the family is letting the yard go to trash, then that would be enough to call the property owner. Other than the yard issue, it doesn't sound like they have done anything wrong. You really want to tread lightly when it comes to people who live near you and who you will have to deal with for months or years. Try not to make things a bigger issue than they really are. I completely understand about problem renters, but I have always found that calling the landlord solves it.

Old 09-04-2008, 12:30 AM

93 posts, read 339,912 times
^^^^^ Good points, to be clear I was not calling him an offender. It's my neighborhood too as I own the house there and he does not so I have the right to know who is living in my neighborhood. I just want to know what kind of people move in near me.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Memphis