Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Memphis
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-29-2008, 07:50 PM

3,371 posts, read 13,372,803 times

Advertisements

The Grizzlies will be having trick or treating Friday night at the game as well, if you have any interest in that.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-31-2009, 03:21 AM

2 posts, read 7,809 times
What time does trick-or -treat start there i live in that area and i am wanting to hand out candy this year,me and my husband had never gotten to before and plus it is my birthday as well and i was hoping to have some fun. If anyone knows please relay back with me.

Old 10-31-2009, 06:23 AM

232 posts, read 988,312 times
Kids will show up as soon as it gets dark....about 5:30, even earlier if they are real young with their parents. It is usually over by about 7-8:00. Just turn off your porch light and make the house look dark and the kids will quit coming to your door.

Have fun and happy birthday!

Old 10-31-2009, 09:42 AM

242 posts, read 974,210 times
Oh man!! I am missing this by a few days! We wont be in Memphis until Wed! I cant find any info on Trick or Treating here in OKC. So here we are in the count down and we have no idea where we are going tonight... But candy will be had I assure you!!

Also dont forget Zoo's usually do a trick or treating event. Most zoos Ive been around have done some sort of event, Boo at The Zoo... The one here in OKC is doing Haunt The Zoo. They have several vendors passing out candies. Perhaps the Memphis zoo has something similar set up!

Old 10-31-2009, 11:05 AM

2 posts, read 7,809 times
Yes, the zoo here had already done there Zoo Boo, it was over about a few days ago. I don't have any kids so i couldn't tell you how good it was though.

Thanks Bowyer for the birthday wishes!

Have a Happy Halloween everyone!

Old 10-31-2009, 01:23 PM

70 posts, read 314,104 times
OP do not let this get out...

Shhh

I know a lot of folks who take their kids over into the deep suburbs of Bartlett to go trick or treating.

That suburb which is really close to the government offices for the city and all of that seems to be pretty darned safe.

Don't tell Mayor Keith Mc Donald I told you, man.

Old 11-03-2009, 09:28 AM

128 posts, read 462,025 times
I realize this is already after Halloween, but I thought it was interesting.

In my hometown in NJ and even in the hospital housing where I lived in NY, kids would to get candy. So I bought a fair amount of candy, but nobody came. I live on Mud Island in one of the gated communities, so that may be a contributing factor, but I thought surely there must be some kids here. Apparently not. I'm going to try to return the candy to Kroger later today.

I forget who posted about ignoring the origins of Halloween, but I agree. It should just be done for fun and a sense of community. I made some friends with people when I was younger because I met them while going trick-or-treating. If I hadn't talked to them on the street about their costumes, etc., they would probably have just been another face in the school hallway.

Sort of like Thanksgiving and Christmas. I'm not Christian, but my family and I use those holidays as an excuse to get together with each other and with relatives. Too much political correctness these days.

Old 11-03-2009, 09:33 AM

738 posts, read 2,575,061 times
Thanks alot for sending everyone to C'ville..., I went through 150 full size bars of candy. Next year, FUN SIZE!
;-)

Old 11-03-2009, 10:52 AM

232 posts, read 988,312 times
Colliervillemom....word gets out quickly who is giving out the good candy!

I agree, too much political correctness these days, everywhere! We went trick-or-treating with 9 adults and 11 kids this year. We had pizza before we left at the neighbor's house and the kids had a great time, just like I did when I was a kid!

Old 11-03-2009, 07:58 PM

235 posts, read 1,357,040 times
Go to orange mound and trick or treat

Just kidding!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Memphis