Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Memphis
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 02-28-2007, 01:05 PM

12 posts, read 49,992 times

Advertisements

Collierville and Germantown have excellent schools. Elem is excellent in Collierville and Germantown. The Middle schools are good, not perfect. Collierville,Germantown, Houston for the most part are three of the best public high schools in Memphis. I believe White Station is optional which has some very good programs. I went to Collierville elementary,middle, and high. I personally did not like Collierville High, but the teachers are excellent for the most part. In any school you have the good and the bad. One misconception about Collierville students is everyone is wealthy, upper middle class, there are several students who are lower middle class. The lower middle class are more behaved and grounded. Collierville has some great AP courses and ranks very high in ACT,SAT scores. Houston I think might be rated slightly higher. Germantown is up there as well. Sports for all three of those highscools are pretty tough. Not everyone makes the teams especially in basketball. Artsy students are better of at private than Collierville. I am a male I never had any trouble, but the girls are more vicious than other schools. I hope this helps, I tried to be very honest.

Old 03-15-2007, 11:21 PM

13 posts, read 93,677 times
I attended Collierville High School. It's a great school. There are many, many, many honors and AP classes, our sports teams are among the best in the county, crime is non-existant, etc. The teachers are all very well trained, have been teaching for years, easy to work with. Many or all are willing to stay after school to help your child, and there is always after school tutoring either by math/english teachers, or beta club members.

Woops, looks like I bumped up an old thread. Sorry!!

Last edited by memphisgirl7705; 03-15-2007 at 11:22 PM.. Reason: Realization of bringing a thread from the grave

Old 09-27-2010, 09:20 AM

1 posts, read 1,217 times
You might want to look at moving to Desoto County, MS. They have schools ranked 8 or 9 where Memphis and Shelby county schools are ranked 3 and 5. Desoto County is just across the state line and if you don't mind a small commute, look in Hernando.

Old 09-27-2010, 09:24 AM

845 posts, read 2,530,000 times
Umm, we were talking about schools in Collierville and Germantown. Desoto County schools do not compare favorably to Shelby County Schools in Germantown and Collierville. However DC schools are much better than most Memphis City Schools.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Memphis