Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Memphis
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-26-2008, 11:13 AM

1 posts, read 2,207 times

Advertisements

We are in town for the night and were looking for a place with good food on Beale St. (Of course we plan to stay for drinks afterward.) Any recommendations for good southern cookin' on Beale?

Old 12-26-2008, 11:47 AM

104 posts, read 364,416 times
Depends on what you like. I HIGHLY recommend Bluefin, which is just off Beale and Main. It's a sushi restaurant with a seriously funky atmosphere and offers some unique southern twists to their recipes (like crawfish, etc.)

Ex-Pat

Old 12-26-2008, 02:42 PM

209 posts, read 812,076 times
I can't really recommend any restaurants that are specifically on Beale St. because I think most of those are tourist traps. I've got plenty of recommendations if you don't mind walking a few blocks though!

If you like seafood, Pearl's Oyster House is one of my favorite downtown restaurants. The prices are reasonable and the food is awesome. Great bar too. It's located on S. Main (from Beale St., turn left on S. Main and walk approx. 4 blocks. It's on your right.)

If you want something a little closer, the Majestic Grille is delish! They've got a great menu with some unique offerings. The flatbread pizzas are yummy. It also has a nice bar. Walk West (toward the river) on Peabody and go right on Main. It's immediately on the left.

I second the Bluefin recommendation. The prices are a little high but the sushi is very tasty.

A more casual option with great food and cheap beer is Big Foot Lodge on Second St. They just changed their name to Kooky Canuck though.... not sure if the name has been changed on their storefront yet. I love their food and they offer s'mores on their dessert menu that you cook right at your table! It's got a fun lodgey atmosphere.

Hope this helps. I live downtown and think the best part about it is the wealth of delicious non-chain restaurants we have! Hope you enjoy your stay!

Old 01-03-2009, 04:58 PM

738 posts, read 2,575,955 times
Itta Bena!! It's above BB Kings, has great food, wonderful service and a comfortable lounge/bar area where you can have a drink and look down on Beale St. Then, when you're done, head downstairs to Beale, and find some good blues!

Old 01-03-2009, 05:31 PM

3,371 posts, read 13,377,196 times
Thanks to everyone for suggstion for the OP - I am closing this now as the OP was talking about the night of Dec 26.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Memphis