Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Memphis
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-06-2006, 10:32 PM

1,330 posts, read 5,094,483 times

Advertisements

Memphis is a long way from Endicott my dear

Memphis is one of the major bases for Rich's career field and several guys have made the move out there. I will ask him where they moved off to (I am pretty sure it was Mississippi).

Just please do not move to Arkansas. I knew several people out there who were military and they all told me that Northern Arkansas had terrible schools. If all else fails, you could always homeschool - I know you would do well at it..

I'll get back to you after I talk to Rich. We were at one point considering moving out there because the pay is really high and the housing is pretty cheap.

You know, I have made 6 big moves in 9 years so if you need someone to talk to send me a PM.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-07-2006, 07:26 AM

2 posts, read 4,209 times
Default Suggestions

We just relocated here from Philadelphia, PA. We moved to Olive Branch, MS. It is very convenient to live there and there is ZERO chance of being annexed into the city of Memphis, which would have basically doubled our taxes. Stay in the county of Olive Branch - there are several SEVERAL new housing subdivions and it is beautiful! Good luck!!

Old 07-07-2006, 01:29 PM

38 posts, read 233,152 times
Default we've pretty much.....

decided on Olive Branch, now I'm just waiting to find out if/when we are going for sure. Thanks everyone for your advice!!!

Hey Winnie, I'd have family there if ya joined us, that's my biggest hesitation, moving so far from everyone up here. Mom already told me she won't visit me....lmao.

hugz
Jamie

Old 07-07-2006, 04:06 PM

1,330 posts, read 5,094,483 times
Oh, I bet she will visit.. She is just trying to scare you into staying.

It is not easy moving far away from home, I moved away when I was 18 all the way to TX. But I do not think that I would be as happy as I am now if I had not gotten out of NY when I did. You can always come back if you hate it there. We're not going anywhere..

The only really hard part is taking care of the kids with noone there to help. That was (and is) the hardest thing I have had to deal with.

But man it is a looong drive to Memphis - done it several times. You'd better have a serious webpage and 24 hr. webcam going if you are going to take blondie away from her grandma. Or she will move in with you!

Old 07-07-2006, 04:56 PM

2 posts, read 4,691 times
Default Collierville

Funny, my family are trying to relocate to Nashville. If you must move to Memphis, Collierville is definately the place to go. I live there now and have for 6 years. It is a very family oriented town, Christmas parades, 4th of July celibrations, town fairs and such. The schools are fantastic, especially in the Crosswind school area. It is pretty pricy to live here in my opinion, but if you can afford it, I would do it. I have a 7 year old and 4 year old and Collierville is a great place to live. Let me know if you need any further information about Collierville.

No need to worry about the school consilidation thing, there is no way Germantown or Collierville residents would allow thier kids to be bused to Memphis or allow Memphis kids to be bused to us.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Memphis