Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Memphis
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 09-16-2006, 09:53 AM

1 posts, read 13,175 times

Advertisements

I am looking for the most romantic restaurant in the Memphis area. Can anyone help me?

Old 09-20-2006, 12:15 PM

50 posts, read 122,155 times
Most romantic ??

The challenge is finding the good food first ! and location !

Perhaps Erling Jensen (perhaps), perhaps Paulettes (but their food has gone downhill)

There's a 'cozy' place in Germantown named Three Oaks which is run by Paulette's...even though it's (almost) upscale, the meals I've had there were indeed marginal and the service amateurish.....

Stay away from a place name Equestria Restaurant and Lounge in Germantown...it's very well done aesthetically, but the food is awful. You might try it for desert (maybe).

"Wally Joe" has inspired cuisine, great decor, but I would not say it's very 'romantic' in the traditional sense.

If you have reciprocal memberships I'd say try the Crecent CLub atop the Crescent Center Office building in suburban east Memphis at the corner of Ridgeway and Poplar ....the view is great and I would say it's romantic....

Memphis doesn't have a bunch of selection...unless you like BBQ and cheap Meexican or other chain restaurant food...and that's the truth unfortunately. Frankly I never really understood that...but looking back it was probably due to a less discerning palate and clientele compared to toher cities.

Check out Jim's Place East....it's romantic but I don't like the location off of friggwen Summer avenue, etc.....and the last time I had a meal there it simply failed.

There is nothing to comment on in the so-called affluent suburbs either...not one thing, unless you think Chilli's Bahama Breeze, J Alexander and Perkins family restaurants are 'romantic'....if I think of anything I'll re-post

Old 10-13-2006, 03:04 PM

1 posts, read 13,168 times
- Cielo's on Adams in the Medical Center - good food, great atmosphere. I highly suggest going on a Friday or Saturday night to hear Dianne Price on the piano upstairs. (there is dining upstairs as well as a bar)

- Le Chardonnay @ Overton Square is a cozy little dark den with consistently good food and a great wine list.

- Tsunami on Cooper and you must eat their seabass entree'.

- Harry's Detour South Main it is off the beaten path on G.E. Patterson

- Encore?? New place downtown just opened by Jose' G. who was the chef at Chez Phillipe for years.

- Ronnie Grisanni's on Poplar

- Stella (downtown)

- Felica Suzanne's (downtown)

- Jarretts on Quince

- La Tourelle on Monroe

- one more.... the name escapes me, but most recently I had a very romantic dinner is behind Houston's. It is Italian.

Sorry I am lacking descriptions, but there are lots of nice places around town to find a romantic atmosphere.

There is also a new Italian place in Collierville that I've heard great things about. It is on the west side of the square. Another great Collierville spot is Season's @ the White Church right on the corner of Poplar & Main.

Old 04-24-2007, 08:26 AM

6,712 posts, read 13,455,221 times
Default Mesquite Chophouse

There is a newly opened restaurant in Southaven that my wife and I went to last weekend called The Mesquite Chophouse. UNBELIEVABLE!! Hands down, the best restaurant in the Memphis area. You will pay for it, but it is worth the money especially for something special like anniversary, birthday, etc. I promise you won't be disappointed. I took I-385 to Getwell and then took Getwell south to Southaven. If you go by the huge water tower in Southaven you've gone too far. It'll be on your left hand side.

Old 04-24-2007, 08:46 AM

3,371 posts, read 13,372,803 times
Marena's on Overton Park Rd is very romantic, quiet, dim lighting, etc. Great food. In an old historic residential neighborhood.

Also Cafe Society might be okay, good food, etc.

Bhan Thai is another place that is an old historic home in a residential neighborhood. Not very romantic per se, but dimly lit, great food, elegant but ecclectic.

Old 04-24-2007, 08:58 AM

13,350 posts, read 39,938,649 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pearlbob View Post
Marena's on Overton Park Rd is very romantic, quiet, dim lighting, etc. Great food. In an old historic residential neighborhood.

Also Cafe Society might be okay, good food, etc.

Bhan Thai is another place that is an old historic home in a residential neighborhood. Not very romantic per se, but dimly lit, great food, elegant but ecclectic.
I'd like to add my vote for Cafe Society. It's quaint, in a beautiful setting, the food is outstanding, and it's very romantic.

Old 11-06-2007, 09:38 AM

2 posts, read 17,264 times
The Italian place in Collierville is Pasta Italia - - and it is wonderful. Try to get an 8 pm reservation so you will be the last table to be seated and not rushed. They also have a second restaurant, Cafe Italia, but don't be confused...you want to eat at Pasta Italia. Make sure to speak with the owner/chef and get him to bring out the lemoncello at the end of your meal! Fantastico!

Old 11-06-2007, 12:24 PM

27 posts, read 90,441 times
Equestria has a new chef who was formerly at Beauty Shop, which was awesome while he was cooking.

Cielo has reopened with a different clientele and a new name.

For romantic, Le Chardonnay, or Bari would be my pick.

Old 11-07-2007, 06:16 AM

79 posts, read 281,590 times
There is a newly opened restaurant in Southaven that my wife and I went to last weekend called The Mesquite Chophouse. UNBELIEVABLE!! Hands down, the best restaurant in the Memphis area. You will pay for it, but it is worth the money especially for something special like anniversary, birthday, etc. I promise you won't be disappointed. I took I-385 to Getwell and then took Getwell south to Southaven. If you go by the huge water tower in Southaven you've gone too far. It'll be on your left hand side.>>

I'm not sure if Mesquite is the most romantic, which was the original topic, but the owners are opening one downtown on Union where the Sleep Out Louie's use to be.

Old 11-12-2007, 02:56 AM

11 posts, read 106,199 times
Hey Folks Folly's Is Great Food And Romantic
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Memphis