Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Memphis
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-22-2009, 07:46 AM

9 posts, read 26,141 times

Advertisements

My husband is starting a new job near Memphis. Until we get our house sold he will need an inexpensive place to stay. I was checking out the Value Place hotel at 7060 Riverdale Bend Rd Memphis says it is at 385 and germantown. I have seen some other post about not quite being IN germantown...I don't want him in an unsafe area. any opinions?
(he will be working near the airport)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-22-2009, 07:50 AM

3,371 posts, read 13,377,196 times
That's not Germantown, for sure, if it's right at 385 and Riverdale. I would think it would be okay, but the area to the south is getting bad.

There are extended stay hotels along I-40 going out towards Cordova/Bartlett. I don't know the names. Those might be another option, but further from the airport.

Old 09-22-2009, 08:51 AM

1 posts, read 1,717 times
Default Value Place

I travel a lot and have stayed at plenty of hotels. Lately I've stayed at Value Place hotels when possible because they are clean! I was just at this one in Memphis, off Riverdale, and it was pretty clean as well and the area is alright. There isn't any immediate concerns and I never felt unsafe. Plenty of food, gas and shopping right there too which is nice. There are a lot of options, but this is a good one if you're in budget mode like I usually am. I will definitely stay there when I'm back because I just haven't found any place as clean for this price range... they really take clean serious. There are several other Value Place hotels in town, not sure exactly where they are.

Oh, I forgot... Germantown is a few minute drive to the east. You're as close as you can get without paying for it.

Old 09-22-2009, 10:31 AM

1,703 posts, read 6,314,977 times
That are should be just fine.

There's another Value Place somewhere around the Sycamore View exit on I-40. I would feel much safer at the Riverdale one than that one -- just my opinion, of course.

Old 09-22-2009, 01:06 PM

235 posts, read 1,357,497 times
The one in Hickory Hill on Riverdale Bend is safe. Friend of mine just moved out of that neighborhood. I wouldn't live there but it is safe.

Sycamore View exit off of I-40 by the royal furniture is kinda scary at night... scarier than HH.

Just don't go past the Statue of liberty/Kirby Pkwy after 8:00 at night on Winchester. If he needs to go to the airport then, take Shelby Drive or Holmes rd... safer with less people and less traffic.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Memphis