Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Memphis
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-19-2009, 11:45 PM

1 posts, read 1,918 times

Advertisements

can someone recommended home health care for elderly parent in their eighties that do not want to leave their home but in need of assistance with cleaning, cooking and help mom in and out of bed she is disabled can not walk and father has become too weak to care for her and himself
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-20-2009, 06:22 PM

1,201 posts, read 2,346,054 times
why not check w/ the dept of human services---homemaker program. if needed to prevent neglect of elderly, speak w/ dhs adult protective services. some other referrals might come from widows mite, mifa, a program under low income through shelby county federal government for the elderly. contact some of the social work outreach programs in the area, if nothing else they can recommend agencies---private and public. best of luck w/ your mother and father.

Old 12-21-2009, 12:51 PM

173 posts, read 323,256 times
I have never used them, but I have heard good things about Home Instead. The one here is locally owned/op'ed.
I have been very fortunate in that all of my relatives that needed care we were able to do at home...it took schedule juggling that even god can't sort out and a ton of sacrafice. It would have been impossible if there hadn't been small army of (college age) grand kids and other siblings. I wish you the best of luck and that you will be able to find an agency that suits your needs.

Old 12-29-2009, 07:20 PM

309 posts, read 900,289 times
Default Home Healthcare

Put up some nannycams if you get a caregiver from an agency. Get a referral to an agency that hires good workers and treats them well. A lot of Memphis area caregiver agencies employ people whose own lives are so wrecked they don't know how to be reliable or responsible. Stay in constant contact with DHS about any agencies they refer. Complain when you have to. Call Nashville if you find Memphis DHS is too slow or ignores you.

Last edited by psi2007; 12-29-2009 at 07:22 PM.. Reason: Typo
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Memphis