Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Memphis
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-11-2010, 08:01 AM

309 posts, read 900,733 times

Advertisements

I have been taking my cats to the vet in PetSmart. We were on their wellness plan but I don't think that is really saving us money. One of my cats has hyperthyroid condition and they prescribed pills or radioactive surgery ($1000 minimum cost which they can't provide). Until I can scrape up that money we opted for the pills. They cost $36 a month and we have to bring him in for bloodwork all the time. Any suggestions?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-12-2010, 07:46 PM

340 posts, read 1,315,050 times
We used to take a cat to a Vet just to the west of Rock Creek and Highway 64 (southwest corner). I'm not sure of the name or if it is still there. I don't remember the prices being outrageous, but then again I wouldn't pay $1000.00 for surgery for most humans I know, much less a cat. I like pets, but dang....

Old 02-12-2010, 09:33 PM

2,353 posts, read 5,377,591 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by psi2007 View Post
I have been taking my cats to the vet in PetSmart. We were on their wellness plan but I don't think that is really saving us money. One of my cats has hyperthyroid condition and they prescribed pills or radioactive surgery ($1000 minimum cost which they can't provide). Until I can scrape up that money we opted for the pills. They cost $36 a month and we have to bring him in for bloodwork all the time. Any suggestions?

www.gentlecareanimalhospital.com

Gerald Blackburn DVM

Old 02-12-2010, 10:28 PM

9 posts, read 30,312 times
Why don't you just have the cat put to sleep in eternal rest and get a kiten.

Old 02-12-2010, 11:48 PM

2,353 posts, read 5,377,591 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Richen J. Eisenburgh View Post
Why don't you just have the cat put to sleep in eternal rest and get a kiten.
Why don't you tie a brick around your neck and jump into the miss. river

Old 02-14-2010, 07:45 PM

278 posts, read 993,459 times
Walnut Trace animal clinic on Walnut Grove @ Germantown Pkwy. If you enter Walnut Grove Eastbound from Gtown Pkwy, it is about 100 yds in a shopping center on the right.
I've been taking my puppy there for shots and check-ups, and they remember our names when we come in. The vet is very friendly with my dog and I can tell she really cares about him. She manages to give him shots without him flinching or anything, which impresses me. I'm not sure how the pricing compares. They also gave me a folder to keep up with his documents and they update his medical history in the folder if I bring it in.

Old 02-15-2010, 03:29 PM

173 posts, read 323,640 times
I take my three kitties to Petvax, the one out in southeast memphis on raines.
I am so sorry to hear you have a kitty with such a serious medical condition. I have a 20 year old lady and I do not know how I am going to deal with the inevitable health failure. I hope you can find a good, affordable vet who will not try to sell you crap you don't need for your baby. I don't know if petvax would be a good option for you. by some miracle, all mine have ever needed were their usual shots (i've done the free rabies the mfd hands out, too), fixin', and once a kitty who is no longer with me got her foot stuck on something or another and lost a toe, which i decided was worthy of a visit to the vet. i rarely seem the same doc, and often since i'm just doing "maintence" i don't think i even see an actual vet, just a tech. let us know if you find a good vet and i wish your little guy health!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Memphis
View detailed profiles of: