U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Memphis
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-15-2010, 06:58 AM

738 posts, read 2,414,815 times

Advertisements

Heading with visitors to tour downtown today, there's a coffee shop right on the trolley line near the civil rights museum. Great atmosphere, I can't remember the name of it, can someone help?

Thanks!
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-15-2010, 07:20 AM

2,235 posts, read 4,782,948 times
Empire Coffee 2 S. Main ?

Cafe Francisco 400 No. Main ?

Georges Coffee 50 No. Third Street ?

Precious Cargo 381 No. Main ?

The Daily Grind 111 No. Main ?

Frank's Main Street Market 327 So. Main ?

Franks also makes some sandwhiches to die for

www.republiccoffeememphis.com

^^If you want a really good cup of joe and a cool atmosphere try here ^^

Old 02-15-2010, 08:39 AM

Thanks, it was the daily grind! excellent. I will try republic soon... do they actually roast their own?!

Old 02-15-2010, 08:42 AM

209 posts, read 754,262 times
I know you said it was the Daily Grind, but I just thought I'd chime in to say that the address for that is nowhere near the Civil Rights Museum. I *think* the one you're thinking of is Bluff City Coffee. It's on S. Main, directly across from the Civil Rights Museum. But if not, forget I said anything.

Old 02-15-2010, 09:20 AM

173 posts, read 280,779 times
empire (the map room) is still open? i thought it became a shoe store shortly after the name change from the old map room to empire.
collierville mom- take them to the roof of the madison hotel or the peabody! those are two of the best and cheapest ways to entertain out of towners!

Old 02-15-2010, 09:38 AM

2,235 posts, read 4,782,948 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ColliervilleMom View Post
Thanks, it was the daily grind! excellent. I will try republic soon... do they actually roast their own?!
Yes, they roast there own beans daily. They also make all there food from scratch

Quote:
Originally Posted by fittoac View Post
I know you said it was the Daily Grind, but I just thought I'd chime in to say that the address for that is nowhere near the Civil Rights Museum. I *think* the one you're thinking of is Bluff City Coffee. It's on S. Main, directly across from the Civil Rights Museum. But if not, forget I said anything.
Your right ^ CRM is in the South Main district. That one slipped pass me

Quote:
Originally Posted by hex_haight View Post
empire (the map room) is still open? i thought it became a shoe store shortly after the name change from the old map room to empire.
collierville mom- take them to the roof of the madison hotel or the peabody! those are two of the best and cheapest ways to entertain out of towners!
Yes, the Map Room/Empire is now a shoe store. But from what I understand the sales clerk makes a mean cup of joe

Old 02-15-2010, 10:12 AM

173 posts, read 280,779 times
lol. awesome....but i doubt he/she will let me hang out all night long playing checkers like i did in college when it was the map room, before they got into tax trouble. =)

Old 02-15-2010, 05:14 PM

Yep, it was Bluff City, luckily I remembered how to get there, and it's a one minute walk to the museum from there. Thanks so much, I learned a lot from that question, more than I bargained for ;-)

Old 02-15-2010, 06:01 PM

369 posts, read 1,154,257 times
That's Bluff City Coffee you're talking about.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Memphis