Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Memphis
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-15-2010, 02:29 AM

31 posts, read 67,985 times

Advertisements

Hope you move easily and settle in nicely Canada-eh, its a big hike and the weather is very different to anywhere i have been lol. I shall have to get anti melt cream i think.

Good luck
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-15-2010, 02:43 AM

1,201 posts, read 2,346,470 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Canada-eh! View Post
Thanks again everyone, we will know in about a month if my husband gets the job. Although it is going to be very scary moving so far away from everyone and everything we know, I am looking forward to the adventure....and living somewhere where the winters dont last 7 months and it wont go to -30 degrees Celcius! (I guess I will also have to learn to convert to Fahrenheit).
hope everything works out for you just as you want. i have close friends in toronto---my dad lives in detroit---and i have very close friends in regina. perhaps if you do move to M, you will meet my friend from montreal. his wife and he own several art stores/museums. he has lived in the states for years and years, but he is canadian through and through. he stands for the playing of the canadian national anthem wherever he hears it. i have played it on the pipe organ at church on sundays closest to their national day of thanksgiving in canada. he is a doctor of clinical psychology, who practices and administrates about 24 private clinics. he flies his own plane to many of his job locations, so you might fly back to canada for a quick visit, from time to time. he is my "guide planner" for my long-planned trip across the canada, and he is a wealth of knowledge in that area. he says it is beautiful. i have a couple of friends who traveled by train across canada to british columbia. left from vancover to alaska and from there to a 6 week cruise on an oceanliner. he is a retired forensic pathologist, graduate of princeton, been all over the world, including a two treks up kilimanjaro, and one visit up a respectable distance of mt. everest. his wife, a wonderful lady, accompanied her husband to kenya on safari for 6 weeks. she did not realize that the tents were not air considtioned and had no facilities for taking long hot baths. they continued their safari; however, his wife was relocated to nairobi for the remaining portion of the trip. consequently, the canadian is able to treat your mental illnesses, fully arrange all of your travel needs, fly you to get additional medical or hospital follow up, plan a trip throughout the world, and attend you on part of the trip, if you wish. really, it does seem to be a small world.

again, best of luck to you and hopefully you will soon be living in our little corner of the world. take care.

Old 04-19-2010, 05:48 PM

1,221 posts, read 2,747,829 times
If your job is in Uptown you might want to consider Harbortown, a kind of "new urbanism" enclave with a safe, suburban-esque feel while still close to downtown. Probably a 5-10 minute commute to Uptown, max. Super safe, lots of trails and parks, and a gorgeous location right on the river.

Old 04-19-2010, 10:39 PM

80 posts, read 267,459 times
Every time I see this thread I wanna say something about hockey, cause I'm a huge NHL fan. (Go Preds!)

I know, I know, not all Canadians like hockey. But it's how I've learned as much as I have about Canada and Canadians.

Where in Ontario are you from, Canada-eh?

Old 04-23-2010, 10:20 PM

1 posts, read 859 times
You should consider Harbortown (mud island) in downtown Memphia. Has a nice suburban feel, with a Great Montessori School, little grocery store, health plex, and health clinic, that is upscale. Picnic on the banks of the Mississippi River and you can't beat the restaurants downtown. Search for homes at HomesofMemphis.com in the 38103 zipcode.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Memphis