Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Memphis
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-21-2010, 04:31 PM

12 posts, read 29,086 times

Advertisements

I tried to find some info on apartments in the forum, but just couldn't find a whole lot...

My family will be relocating to Memphis in June. My husband will be working in Millington. From my research it looks like the best place to settle will be Bartlett. I have elementary school-age kids, so staying in the Shelby-county system is a must!

Does anyone have some info on 2 bedroom apartments in Bartlett. We're looking to stay for a minimum of 6 months while looking for a house. I looked at Quail Ridge, it seems a bit high in rent though. We would like to pay about $800 a month.

Any info will be appreciated. This site and forum have been incredibly helpful. Thank you to all who contributes!

Old 04-21-2010, 04:55 PM

369 posts, read 1,232,758 times
There's an apartment complex right next to Quail Ridge Golf Course, which is in Bartlett. It looks like a nice complex and it's in a nice area. You'd be zoned for Shelby County Schools also. You might have a hard time finding an apartment complex in Bartlett since it's a suburb of Memphis and they usually have tight building standards against apartment complexes. And because of that you might have a hard time finding one. Just a suggestion, but you might be able to find a house to rent for the same price of an apartment in Bartlett. The Bartlett area is the more reasonably priced suburb of Memphis and it's still safe.

Old 04-22-2010, 07:53 AM

1,292 posts, read 5,001,437 times
There are two complexes next to Quail Ridge - one on either side of Egypt-Central Road. The only other complex I can recall in Bartlett is one that is probably 40-50 years old on Stage Road just west of Elmore Road - and that's a high traffic area. The Quail Ridge location would be my choice.

As is stated above, you might find a house to rent for about the same price. The East Hill neighborhood is an older neighborhood (1970s) of smaller homes (probably 1200-1500 sq ft), and it's just a very short distance east of Quail Ridge. It's bordered by Egypt-Central on the north, Oak Road on the east, Kirby-Whitten on the west and St. Elmo on the south. That's probably about the least expensive area within the Bartlett city limits.

Old 04-22-2010, 02:21 PM

84 posts, read 267,921 times
We rented in Bartlett for years. The apartments in Bartlett are not that great and most do have crime problems from my experience. Go to craigslist and look for a house to rent in Bartlett. There are a lot usually around the Elmore Park subdivision for around $800 a month. Good luck!

Old 05-21-2010, 12:18 AM

4 posts, read 7,879 times
I currently live in Quail Ridge Highlands. 2 bedroom 2 bath about 1,000 sq. feet for $950.45 which includes the extra fee of me having a dog here. When we signed the contract, there was a promotion of sign a year, get one month free. I personally love it here & I think the price is reasonable. But then again, I come from the Northeast where the prices are much higher, so I guess almost anything in the south will seem reasonable to me. But personally, I love it in Quail Ridge Highlands. The management is great, the apartments are new & clean, great pool great work out facilities and it' seems safe...haven't had any problems yet.

Old 05-21-2010, 07:40 AM

32 posts, read 118,641 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BIOKLEEN View Post
I currently live in Quail Ridge Highlands. 2 bedroom 2 bath about 1,000 sq. feet for $950.45 which includes the extra fee of me having a dog here. When we signed the contract, there was a promotion of sign a year, get one month free. I personally love it here & I think the price is reasonable. But then again, I come from the Northeast where the prices are much higher, so I guess almost anything in the south will seem reasonable to me. But personally, I love it in Quail Ridge Highlands. The management is great, the apartments are new & clean, great pool great work out facilities and it' seems safe...haven't had any problems yet.
My wife and I might be moving to Memphis in about 3 months and think we want to live in the Bartlett area.

Would you happen to know how much a one bedroom one bath apartment would cost in Quail Heights Highlands? Also can I get a lease with less than a year?

Thanks.

Old 05-23-2010, 03:23 PM

32 posts, read 118,641 times
Actually looked up the information for Quail Ridge Highlands.

Anyone have any comments on the following apartment complexes?

(1) Quail Ridge Apartments

(2) The Legenda at Wolfchase

(3) Bartlett heights

(4) The Registry at Wolfchase (Cordova)

(5) Parks Edge at Shelby Farms (Cordova)

(6) Reserve at Dexter lake (Cordova)

Thanks!

Old 05-29-2010, 03:34 PM

11 posts, read 18,352 times
We lived in Bartlett Heights about 6 yrs ago in the middle of Bartlett. It wasn't too bad at all. They're older but so they're MUCH bigger than the newer apartments.

Old 07-07-2010, 09:54 PM

12 posts, read 29,086 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BIOKLEEN View Post
We finally arrived in Memphis and were lucky to get an apartment at Quail Ridge Highlands. I have to agree - the staff is wonderful, we love the pool and the apartments are really nice. We loved the location and the beautiful trees! They do offer shorter leases. We signed a 9 month and they give a nice discount for correctional officers too. I love Bartlett and am thrilled to be in Memphis! This site has been an incredible help. Thanks for all the excellent advice!!!

Old 07-08-2010, 05:58 AM

1,635 posts, read 2,516,230 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by schlottman_gc View Post
I tried to find some info on apartments in the forum, but just couldn't find a whole lot...

Any info will be appreciated. This site and forum have been incredibly helpful. Thank you to all who contributes!
I would suggest renting a house. I have two in Bartlett, but they are currently occupied. Expect to pay about a grand or more in rent, though.

EDIT: I see you found something at Quail. Good choice.

Last edited by Cosmicstargoat; 07-08-2010 at 05:59 AM.. Reason: updated information
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Memphis