Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Mental Health
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-20-2008, 10:24 PM

4,725 posts, read 10,136,321 times

Advertisements

Thanks for inviting us to see your photo album, Lindsay. I love the pictures! Your home must be a wonderful snuggly haven with your daughter and those beautiful pets.

Old 06-29-2008, 03:47 PM

5,073 posts, read 4,736,782 times
Hey Lindsey, LOVE your photo album!! Very heartwarming. Those little loves (and of course your daughter) all look just so sweet and cuddly.

I also was wondering if any one had any current info/personal experiences with Klonopin (generic name is clonazepam). I read through a couple of threads, and got a few good insights. I had been taking Xanax, for anxiety and panic attacks. I was looking into online pharmacies, but I also read A LOT of negative things about them such as they are scam artists, you don't know what you're really getting, not regulated, etc.

Well, they got me into the local counseling center early, which I was quite grateful for, but would not prescribe Xanax. The doctor prescribed Klonopin, but I had a few concerns...will I have withdrawal symptoms from Xanax while transitioning over ? She said no, and not to worry about it b/c Klonopin is an anti-convulsant. Well, ok. I just don't understand why she couldn't keep me on the regimen I was confortable with, and I let her know that. It's in the same class of drugs. But she said Klonopin is longer-acting, and some other stuff to that degree.

My problem is, I had been on Klonopin before (years ago), and asked my then-psychiatrist to try something different b/c I didn't find it greatly helpful, and had heard horror stories about withdrawal from it. I read some posts here on C-D that confirmed that, at least from certain members' experiences.

Anything else, any insights, perspectives or experiences, please post them!!

Thanks all, enjoy the rest of your weekend!

Old 06-29-2008, 06:28 PM

10,757 posts, read 35,440,752 times
My little man has become such a HUGE part of our life. My daughter sleeps with me and Henry, the baby sleeps on a pillow between us. He does at times like to tuck himself right up against one of us but I discourage that while we are asleep for fear that we will roll over him. He has a bean bag pillow that he sleeps on and Diane gave him a flannel backed blanket that was hers when she was a baby.

The other cats are doing well with him and nothing makes me smile and feel heart warmed more then seeing my Salem bathing him or him curled up with Tumnus or watching Lacey touching noses with him.

He loves to curl up right by my ear while I am laying down or when I am sitting up, it calms me so much to hear his purring. I still find myself thinking it would have been wonderful to have my little Henry and still have Rufus, Rufus was the one who could get along with anyone, he would have been so good with Henry.

Old 06-30-2008, 01:06 AM

2,110 posts, read 6,957,964 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hollygolightly View Post
Hey Lindsey, LOVE your photo album!! Very heartwarming. Those little loves (and of course your daughter) all look just so sweet and cuddly.

I also was wondering if any one had any current info/personal experiences with Klonopin (generic name is clonazepam). I read through a couple of threads, and got a few good insights. I had been taking Xanax, for anxiety and panic attacks. I was looking into online pharmacies, but I also read A LOT of negative things about them such as they are scam artists, you don't know what you're really getting, not regulated, etc.

Well, they got me into the local counseling center early, which I was quite grateful for, but would not prescribe Xanax. The doctor prescribed Klonopin, but I had a few concerns...will I have withdrawal symptoms from Xanax while transitioning over ? She said no, and not to worry about it b/c Klonopin is an anti-convulsant. Well, ok. I just don't understand why she couldn't keep me on the regimen I was confortable with, and I let her know that. It's in the same class of drugs. But she said Klonopin is longer-acting, and some other stuff to that degree.

My problem is, I had been on Klonopin before (years ago), and asked my then-psychiatrist to try something different b/c I didn't find it greatly helpful, and had heard horror stories about withdrawal from it. I read some posts here on C-D that confirmed that, at least from certain members' experiences.

Anything else, any insights, perspectives or experiences, please post them!!

Thanks all, enjoy the rest of your weekend!
Hi there hollygolightly, I have used Klonopin for years. When I have come off of it, I have never had one side effect. I also use the lowest dosage you can take, so maybe that has something to do with it.

I used to take Xanax years ago. I didnt like it. It had the opposite effect on me, it made me feel anxious, at one point I was taking like 5 pills a day...so I stopped that. A new doctor I went to, had me try Klonopin, and it really helped me when I couldnt calm myself down and went into full blown panic attack mode.

I actually did a body cleanse, and I have not needed klonopin hardly at all. I was amazed. I just didnt need them. I guess my body was getting everything it needed through this cleanse. I have been feeling so well, my anxiety has really gone down. I am able to do more things without feeing bad. I wish you luck in whatever you do. Dealing with anxiety/panic is truly awful. We need all the support we can give each other.

Old 06-30-2008, 11:16 AM

5,073 posts, read 4,736,782 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Suzet2262 View Post
Hi there hollygolightly, I have used Klonopin for years. When I have come off of it, I have never had one side effect. I also use the lowest dosage you can take, so maybe that has something to do with it.

I used to take Xanax years ago. I didnt like it. It had the opposite effect on me, it made me feel anxious, at one point I was taking like 5 pills a day...so I stopped that. A new doctor I went to, had me try Klonopin, and it really helped me when I couldnt calm myself down and went into full blown panic attack mode.

I actually did a body cleanse, and I have not needed klonopin hardly at all. I was amazed. I just didnt need them. I guess my body was getting everything it needed through this cleanse. I have been feeling so well, my anxiety has really gone down. I am able to do more things without feeing bad. I wish you luck in whatever you do. Dealing with anxiety/panic is truly awful. We need all the support we can give each other.
Thanks Suzet! I just started the Klonopin today, so we'll see how that goes. I'm curious, what kind of body cleanse did you do? Was it recommended by your doctor? How great for you to be feeling so well!

Thanks to everyone on this board for giving each other support, too.

Old 06-30-2008, 02:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hollygolightly View Post
Thanks Suzet! I just started the Klonopin today, so we'll see how that goes. I'm curious, what kind of body cleanse did you do? Was it recommended by your doctor? How great for you to be feeling so well!

Thanks to everyone on this board for giving each other support, too.
Hi hollygolightly, Good luck with your klonopin. If you respond like I did, you will like the effect of it. It really did help me with the bad panic attacks. I am not completely off of it, but like I said since starting the cleanse, I have almost stopped using it. Yes, my doctor did recommend that I try this cleanse, as my anxiety was so bad again, I was getting to where it was very hard for me to do a lot of things. So he said it couldnt hurt to put as many nutrients in my body as possible, so I tried it, and was happy with the results. I will send you the name of the cleanse through a DM.

Yes the people on here are very supportive. It is nice to be able to come here and talk about how you feel, and people actually understand. Have a wonderful day!!!

Old 07-03-2008, 07:42 PM

12,626 posts, read 32,071,214 times
Help, my son is only 14 and for the past 3 days is suffering from anxiety and panic attacks. The other day, my son went out with his uncle to a buffet. His uncle thought it would be fun to see who could eat the most food. My son ate 7 plates. Afterwords, he was stuffed so he was having trouble breathing. I know this has happened to me before. Anyhow, he started to panic and had a panic attack. We had to drive 2 hours each way to pick him up. (that's fine b/c he's our son) Anyhow, he kept saying he was lightheaded and wanted to go to the hospital. We took him there and they ran all the routine tests to find out everyhting was fine. The doctor gave him some Atavan and sent him home. My son was worried about taking the meds thinking he may have a bad affect. (He gets that from me) Anyhow, I got him to take the medication and it didn't help. Now, for three days he's afraid to eat. Just the thought of it makes him panic. I talked him into eating a little bit and I'm making sure he's drinking fluids. (not much) He keeps saying I'm lightheaded and keeps panicing. I'm trying to keep him busy and walk alot. It helps somewhat. I talked to him about counseling which he wants to go to. I don't want to put him on benzos either. He's too young, besides they are very addicting. He keeps telling me it's torture, which I know b/c I suffer from panic attacks too.

Old 07-04-2008, 04:20 AM

655 posts, read 916,994 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by beckycat View Post
Help, my son is only 14 and for the past 3 days is suffering from anxiety and panic attacks. The other day, my son went out with his uncle to a buffet. His uncle thought it would be fun to see who could eat the most food. My son ate 7 plates. Afterwords, he was stuffed so he was having trouble breathing. I know this has happened to me before. Anyhow, he started to panic and had a panic attack. We had to drive 2 hours each way to pick him up. (that's fine b/c he's our son) Anyhow, he kept saying he was lightheaded and wanted to go to the hospital. We took him there and they ran all the routine tests to find out everyhting was fine. The doctor gave him some Atavan and sent him home. My son was worried about taking the meds thinking he may have a bad affect. (He gets that from me) Anyhow, I got him to take the medication and it didn't help. Now, for three days he's afraid to eat. Just the thought of it makes him panic. I talked him into eating a little bit and I'm making sure he's drinking fluids. (not much) He keeps saying I'm lightheaded and keeps panicing. I'm trying to keep him busy and walk alot. It helps somewhat. I talked to him about counseling which he wants to go to. I don't want to put him on benzos either. He's too young, besides they are very addicting. He keeps telling me it's torture, which I know b/c I suffer from panic attacks too.
Please get your son some professional help. If you do not these phobias wwill materalize into all apsects of his life and get worse. Also, keep in mind that anxiety and panic attacks are the most common of all mental disorders. They are also the most treatable and with the most success. I'm living proof of this. I lived with them for 15 years. I have not had a one attack in 5 years now and if I do, I know how to manage them, thus I don't get them. I'm not affraid of them and that was key for me. Once you do not fear the attack, they go away.

Please get him help, there is hope, really there is.

Old 07-05-2008, 04:05 AM

beckycat, I am so sorry, I read your post last night and was going to respond, and other issues popped up and I forgot. I feel awful. I am so glad that travelmate38 responded. Travelmate gave you what I think is the perfect answer. You can nip this in the bud right now. It is the easiest disorder to cure. I have read that time and time again. You just need to go get the help for your son before it has a chance to get stuck in his head. Good luck to your son. I hope you can get him the help he needs so this lousey disorder doesnt claim yet another person.

Travelmate, I am truly happy that you no longer suffer with full blown panic attacks. That is great. I am always so happy to hear of people who have gone to the other side.

Old 07-05-2008, 09:19 AM

12,626 posts, read 32,071,214 times
Thanks for the advice. I will be getting him to the doctor next week.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Mental Health