Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Mental Health
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-21-2008, 07:35 PM

10,757 posts, read 35,437,415 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by southernnaturelover View Post
I know what you mean. I have tried many different anti-depressants and for some reason the Paxil is the only one that caused nausea. I would feel fine one minute and then feel like vomiting the next.
That problem is gone.
I have found with Paxil that if I am going up a dose then I go by 5mg increments, then the side effects are so bad.
I am doing really well now on it.

Old 03-21-2008, 09:22 PM

604 posts, read 1,186,089 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lindsey_Mcfarren View Post
That problem is gone.
I have found with Paxil that if I am going up a dose then I go by 5mg increments, then the side effects are so bad.
I am doing really well now on it.
Glad to hear that Lindsey. Getting the dosage right can be tricky and it takes time.

Old 03-22-2008, 01:22 AM

2,110 posts, read 6,957,413 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lindsey_Mcfarren View Post
Suzett, have you been taking the medication the doctor gave you? You really need to stick to that every day, it takes about a month for you to start feeling better.
Yeah I have been taking the med everyday. I am going through a stressful time right now. I am sure that is why the anxiety is bad right now. It will pass in time, as it always does. It sucks when you are going through a phase like this one though. Every anti-depressant I have taken will work at first, and then the anxiety manages to creep back in...maybe I shouldnt be on one.

I am glad that the paxil is working for you Lindsey. You deserve to have things start going well for you.

Old 03-22-2008, 08:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suzet2262 View Post
Yeah I have been taking the med everyday. I am going through a stressful time right now. I am sure that is why the anxiety is bad right now. It will pass in time, as it always does. It sucks when you are going through a phase like this one though. Every anti-depressant I have taken will work at first, and then the anxiety manages to creep back in...maybe I shouldnt be on one.

I am glad that the paxil is working for you Lindsey. You deserve to have things start going well for you.
I'm so sorry your going through a hard time. I know what you mean, it feels like a cycle pulling you down to hell. I know with myself I have been thinking alot about what triggers these extreme reactions in me. I have gone through some horrible things and yes been upset but not crippled to the point I have been over the last year. I keep telling myself if I can figure out the secret of what is causing the cycle I can stop it.

I do feel better and its almost funny how my mind works, I feel fine but in my mind I still keep waiting for that FEELING to rise in my throat, to take hold of my throat. I pause and wait for it. Right now it doesn't come. I am so thankful for that. I need to get ahead of my life, I need to get ahead of the things that bufet me about and bring on the anxiety. I need to push down the things that hurt me, be stronger then they are.

Old 03-22-2008, 11:05 AM
tao

721 posts, read 3,189,362 times
Yesterday was a full moon and the spring equinox. Maybe that had something to do with those of us who had rough days. Full moons always seem to be especially intense days/nights.

Old 03-22-2008, 01:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tao View Post
Yesterday was a full moon and the spring equinox. Maybe that had something to do with those of us who had rough days. Full moons always seem to be especially intense days/nights.
That is so true. For those that don't believe that, you need only consult a police officer or people who work in an ER.

My daughter has a friend over and they were very loud yesterday, talking constantly and they got on my nerves but not in a panicy way, just an annoyed way. In a "I'm going to put box tape over both your mouths and attach you to the luggage wrack on my truck" way.

Old 03-23-2008, 02:22 AM

5,073 posts, read 4,736,445 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Suzet2262 View Post
Well first off welcome to the thread hollygolightly. I know exactly how you feel!!! Cars are a huge trigger for me. I have had to get out of my car I dont know how many times over the years. I also had to turn back around. Its ok, it happends. Next time, try to get to the bank, and then sit in the car until you feel better, then go in the bank. If you can have a postitive experience the more and more you go out, it will help ease your anxiety about being in the car.

It is very hard for anyone to understand just how devastating these attacks are. I know that too, as I am dealing with my own situation. I feel better when I walk too. But I can still have an attack when I go walking. So I dont really have a "safe" place anymore. If you have to, take your xanax 30 mins before you leave for your parents home on sunday, that way it is in your system and you will be already relaxed. Dont feel bad if you need to take another one, only if needed. I try to get through all my attacks without the use of medication. I really hate to depend on a drug. But sometimes it is necessary. Good luck to you, and have a great Easter.
Well, I'm trying to be OK. My boyfriend is also trying, it's not easy, but he took me out for a lovely dinner and it was totally cool. I just hope tomorrow goes that smoothly!

Thank you for your time...

Old 03-23-2008, 09:01 AM

5,297 posts, read 6,291,719 times
I hope everyone has a stress-free Easter. I have been fortunate to have a great week for the most part...I hope it continues and I hope everyone else can start to feel better.

Old 03-24-2008, 12:33 AM

2,110 posts, read 6,957,413 times
Tao, that could have been very true! My anxiety has been very bad for the last few days, and hubby and I have been fighting more than ever. Which is why the anxiety is is worse I am sure.

hollygolightly, I am glad your BF took you out for a nice dinner. I hope he keeps on trying to get what you are going through. It is so important that he does, for your relationship.

mystree, that is wonderful your week was great. I love to hear that. I hope it continues for you too. And that everyone is keeps feeling good or gets to feelin good.

BTW, I cant believe we have 530 posts on this thread, that is amazing. I know this is a great thread, and I hope people continue to post in here. We need to be here for each other.

Old 03-24-2008, 10:37 AM

159 posts, read 599,895 times
I have a question for folks. Mainly the women, I think, you will see why in a minute.

Anyway, I am an artist, I paint mostly, but have been branching out making fine art dolls etc. I saw something online the other day, it was a damn it doll, that you smash against the wall when you are mad. Anyway, it got me thinking, what about a panic doll, a cross between a damn it doll and a stress ball. Good idea? not a good idea?

Something tangible and real to touch when you are having an anxiety attack?

Ok, dumb idea, but hey, I thought I would put it out there and see the feed back -- he he
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Mental Health