Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Mental Health
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-04-2010, 02:47 PM

16,224 posts, read 25,608,397 times

Advertisements

Its been almost a month!
I am feeling very proud of that aspect, but..I am off the Chantix now, and I am having some serious irritability, and anxiety moods going on!

I am looking for a "chill pill" before I end up divorced from my family. I`m not above taking medication to knock off the edge. I am actually going to the doctor tomorrow, to see what he can subscibe for me, to help with the anxiety, and stress going on now, but not sure what to ask for.
Any suggestions would be much appreciated!! I`m sure the family would appreciate it as well!!! HAHA! (Its not funny..) :0
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-04-2010, 02:51 PM

6,893 posts, read 22,460,639 times
can't offer a suggestion for your doctor visit but I quit 2 weeks ago using an electronic cigarette. Check out our forum at E-Cigarette Forum

Old 09-04-2010, 03:51 PM

427 posts, read 547,748 times
Yeah, well, I'm sure your Doctor will be more than happy to prescribe something for you. In general, that's what they like to do anyway.

Almost a month and your husband still needs(or wants?) to kick yer butt? The simptoms you have, they say they're supposed to disappear within a month!

After you quit, your brain chemistry changes, but only temporarily. You could try a nicotine replacement product for a while like gum, patches. But personally, I'd look for a more natural, healthier way.

"They" say take a walk. Exercise. Soak in a hot tub. And find a good meditation technique, and use it. Good luck, and stay away from the you know what!!
Attached Images

Old 09-04-2010, 05:03 PM

4,713 posts, read 9,670,445 times
How long were you on the Chantix? And did you stop it under doctor supervision or just stop taking it. With drugs like this, you often need to taper off as opposed to simply stopping it.

Just trying to get a better handle on the situation so maybe I can provide a better answer.

Old 09-04-2010, 05:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tober138 View Post
How long were you on the Chantix? And did you stop it under doctor supervision or just stop taking it. With drugs like this, you often need to taper off as opposed to simply stopping it.

Just trying to get a better handle on the situation so maybe I can provide a better answer.
I was on Chantix for over 7 weeks, and the last few days, I took just one pill, instead of two, and then stopped them all together.
I was fine while I was taking the chantix, but three days after I quit taking Chantix, I felt that I could chew on a bucket of nails!
I was snapping at everyone and I was so irritable and grouchy...I just want to stop being so grumpy and stressed!

Old 09-04-2010, 08:18 PM

9,408 posts, read 13,707,867 times
Well done yankeegirl!!!

My husband continued being irritable for months on and off after he quit smoking.

I would try some natural remedies before getting on medication personally. Rescue Remedy works well for anxiety as well as lavender around the room as a night time sleep aid.

Old 09-05-2010, 03:06 AM

43,011 posts, read 107,764,882 times
Prozac.

Old 09-05-2010, 09:49 AM

Thanks!!!

Old 09-07-2010, 06:33 AM

4,713 posts, read 9,670,445 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by yankeegirl313 View Post
I was on Chantix for over 7 weeks, and the last few days, I took just one pill, instead of two, and then stopped them all together.
Was this at your doctor's instruction or did you just do this on your own?

With drugs like this, you cannot just start and stop them willy-nilly. You need to discuss stopping these with your doctor and have them work with you to taper off to prevent any side effects related to stopping the drug.

Old 09-07-2010, 07:02 AM

25,619 posts, read 36,568,173 times
Congrats yankeegirl. I was a light smoker for 20 years before I quit on February 1st 2009. I had tried many products, processes and psychotropic drug therapies over the years to quit. Nothing worked until one day the thought of dying early before my daughters graduated and got married sent me to quit cold turkey. The only thing that got me through the first SIX MONTHS was lots of strenuous exercise and a picture of my family I carried with me. EVERYTIME!!!! I started to lose control I stared at the picture until my cravings and moods subsided. Its been over a year and a half and the cravings still pop up once and awhile. A physiological vestige of a nasty habit. You also need to change anything and everything related to the HABIT in your life. For me I had to lose some friends who faded away because of my strict conversion and animosity toward the HABIT. I also gave up drinking for a year as the two went hand in hand. Nothing like a light buzz to break down your defenses. Also most people cant have just one. Ex-smokers are like ex alcoholics. Its a life time of vigilance.

My experience is that using CHILL pills just replaced one dependency for another.

Get some outside the family support your going to need it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Mental Health