Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Mental Health
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 09-28-2010, 10:54 PM

36,994 posts, read 41,017,756 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by purehuman View Post
it's called scare-mongering, something the CDC is really good at.
The 1918 flu pandemic killed 20 to 40 million people, more than WWI. Six hundred seventy five thousand Americans died, and it hit otherwise healthy young people especially hard. Twenty-eight per cent of Americans were infected. Half of American casualties during WWI were due to influenza.

So the CDC is "scare-mongering" by advising people to be vaccinated? Many of the victims of the 1918 flu probably died from superimposed bacterial infections and might have been saved by modern antibiotics and supportive measures like ventilators, but the "flu" is not trivial. It can and does kill people. And even those that recover are very sick and miss time from work. The economic cost is terrific. So we should forgo the vaccine and just have the "natural" infection? Preventable misery is an admirable goal?

And despite Jason28's skepticism, millions of people did have the flu last year. He just needs to take a course in statistics.

Old 09-29-2010, 12:15 PM

2,191 posts, read 4,795,125 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by suzy_q2010 View Post
And despite Jason28's skepticism, millions of people did have the flu last year. He just needs to take a course in statistics.
Millions of people probably did have the flu...just not 59 million cases of H1N1 like the CDC claims. And no, I don't need a course in statistics to see the CDC randomly added millions of numbers. Thats called common sense or perhaps third grade math.

Old 09-30-2010, 05:00 AM

6,990 posts, read 11,368,164 times
For the last time... VACCINES DO NOT CAUSE BLOODY AUTISM.

I should know, I am on the "autistic spectrum", and it often goes with other genetic problems such as gluten/casein intolerence, which can also run in the family. My research on families with traits of moderate/severe autism seen in siblings also clearly indicate it is a GENETIC condition. Hope this selfish family is happy with their blood money.

Old 10-01-2010, 06:53 PM

13,513 posts, read 19,218,889 times
were you vaccinated?

Old 10-01-2010, 08:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jason28 View Post
Millions of people probably did have the flu...just not 59 million cases of H1N1 like the CDC claims. And no, I don't need a course in statistics to see the CDC randomly added millions of numbers. Thats called common sense or perhaps third grade math.
Again, here is the explanation of the calculation, but if all you know is third grade math, it might be a bit difficult for you to understand. Probably a fifth-grader could, though.

http://www.cdc.gov/h1n1flu/estimates..._2009_h1n1.htm

Last edited by suzy_q2010; 10-01-2010 at 08:06 PM.. Reason: Add link

Old 10-01-2010, 08:16 PM

Quote:
were you vaccinated?
It doesn't matter.

See here:

Do Vaccines Cause Autism? - TIME

From the above article:

"The latest study exonerating the MMR vaccine comes from Denmark, where investigators looked at the health records of every child born from 1991 through '98, more than 537,000 children. No matter how researchers analyzed the data, there was no difference in the autism rates of children who received the MMR vaccine and those who did not."

and

"The Danish findings, which were published in the New England Journal of Medicine last week, are persuasive for several reasons. Denmark's socialized medical system has generated one of the most complete health records of any country. So the investigators were able to document accurately both sides of the equation: those who were (or were not) vaccinated and those who developed autism. Even when other factors, such as age at vaccination, were taken into account, there was no difference in autism rates between vaccinated and unvaccinated children. There was no clustering of autism diagnoses in the weeks and months after vaccination. There was no difference in the number of diagnoses of other developmental disorders related to autism in the vaccinated and unvaccinated groups."

Vaccination does not cause autism.

Old 10-02-2010, 06:25 AM

5,644 posts, read 13,193,083 times
Quote:
were you vaccinated?
Were you??

If not, you are in a decided minority of the population....

Despite the ridiculous arguments that crop up on this site and others over vaccines MOST people DO vaccinate their children...

77% get ALL recommended vaccines....

90% get MOST.....

99% get at least one....

The US still needs to do better and there are pockets around the country where vaccination rates aren't where they should be but the majority of folks DO vaccinate..

CDC Press Release September 4, 2008

Old 10-02-2010, 09:23 AM

Quote:
were you vaccinated?

I have been vaccinated. I grew up in the era when parents were terrified about their children getting polio.My father worked with patients paralyzed by polio at the Warm Springs Foundation in Warms Springs, GA before WWII. I remember getting both the Salk and the Sabin polio vaccines. And yesterday I got a flu shot and a TDaP booster.

So I practice what I preach.

Old 10-03-2010, 07:57 AM

13,250 posts, read 42,677,110 times
Quote:
were you vaccinated?
The more telling question is this:

Were you, or your mother, or her mother, or her mother, ever exposed to store-bought haircolor in brown or blonde hues?

Because - as it turns out, everyone who has autism, whether somewhere on the spectrum or a solid "autism" diagnosis..has had someone in their family who was exposed at one point to this product.

Clearly this is proof that store-bought haircolor, in brown or blond hues, causes autism.

Old 10-04-2010, 05:53 PM

2,191 posts, read 4,795,125 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by suzy_q2010 View Post
Again, here is the explanation of the calculation, but if all you know is third grade math, it might be a bit difficult for you to understand. Probably a fifth-grader could, though.

CDC Novel H1N1 Flu | 2009 H1N1-Related Deaths, Hospitalizations and Cases: Details of Extrapolations and Ranges: United States, Emerging Infections Program (EIP) Data
I know how to read this portion of it.

"It may never be possible to validate the accuracy of these figures. The true number of cases, hospitalizations and deaths may lie within the ranges provided or it’s also possible that they may lie outside the ranges."

Basically the CDC provided a nice catch all for making up statistics. This just further proves that what they say is made up crap. Here's how I read this.

"What we say will never be validated and furthermore, the numbers provided are outside of the ranges we've given, to the lower side, since we heavily overestimated the number of H1N1 cases."
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.