Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Mental Health
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 10-04-2010, 06:00 PM

37,085 posts, read 41,201,791 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jason28 View Post
I know how to read this portion of it.

"It may never be possible to validate the accuracy of these figures. The true number of cases, hospitalizations and deaths may lie within the ranges provided or it’s also possible that they may lie outside the ranges."

Basically the CDC provided a nice catch all for making up statistics. This just further proves that what they say is made up crap. Here's how I read this.

"What we say will never be validated and furthermore, the numbers provided are outside of the ranges we've given, to the lower side, since we heavily overestimated the number of H1N1 cases."
Or,
"What we say will never be validated and furthermore, the numbers provided are outside of the ranges we've given, to the higher side, since we heavily underestimated the number of H1N1 cases." That statement is as likely to be true as the one you gave.

It was not "made up crap." It was an extrapolation based on known cases.

Old 10-04-2010, 09:09 PM

2,191 posts, read 4,803,775 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by suzy_q2010 View Post
Or,
"What we say will never be validated and furthermore, the numbers provided are outside of the ranges we've given, to the higher side, since we heavily underestimated the number of H1N1 cases." That statement is as likely to be true as the one you gave.

It was not "made up crap." It was an extrapolation based on known cases.
You could argue this point back and forth forever and get absolutely nowhere. The bottom line is, you actually believe the US government is a bunch of nice, trustworthy, honest politicans and I choose to believe everything they say is a biased lie that smells like profit driven corporate greed. The end.

Old 10-04-2010, 11:35 PM

37,085 posts, read 41,201,791 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jason28 View Post
You could argue this point back and forth forever and get absolutely nowhere. The bottom line is, you actually believe the US government is a bunch of nice, trustworthy, honest politicans and I choose to believe everything they say is a biased lie that smells like profit driven corporate greed. The end.
Just because you do not understand the math, does not mean it is not valid.

You can choose to dispute the CDC estimate. The CDC tells you how that estimate was determined. Do you have a better estimate that you can support with figures and an explanation of how you arrived at those figures?

As long as you post your views here, it is my prerogative to counter them. And how do you propose that the CDC profits from anything other than an honest estimate? Their scientists get paid the same whether there were 2 million H1N1 cases or 58 million.

Old 10-05-2010, 03:51 PM

13,250 posts, read 42,754,678 times
There's no way to test milk to measure how much, IF ANY, rbst is present in the milk. The reason it can't be measured, is because it is chemically identical to BST, which cows produce naturally.

That's why the USA won't allow rbst to be a required label.

Also, it's bovine, not bonvine.

Old 10-06-2010, 05:17 PM

4,555 posts, read 4,094,722 times
I think in today's world Jonas Salk would have never gotten anywhere.

Old 10-06-2010, 07:49 PM

19,855 posts, read 65,783,436 times
Sorry a few of you wasted so much time pointing fingers at each other. topic closed.

Realtors are welcome here but do see our Realtor Advice to avoid infractions.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Mental Health