Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Mental Health
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-04-2010, 09:13 PM

86 posts, read 427,404 times

Advertisements

If your doctor monitors you closely and tapers you off slowly then you shouldnt be too worried. You should be tapered off gradually over the course of several weeks. You would feel like you "will not heal or feel normal for a long time after" if your doctor abruptly or quickly stopped your medication. As your doctor is gradually lowering your dose, your body (your brain mostly) will adjust itself to the lower doses until soon you are totally off the drug.

So be tapered off the drug within 2 months seems to be a good gradual progression so that you wont need the drug at all anymore.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-04-2010, 09:24 PM

2,178 posts, read 9,556,345 times
I was on 10mg celexa years ago. I was put on them when I didn't need them but trusting my doctor, I took what she gave me. A few months later I realized I no longer needed or wanted to be on it.. It took me a whole 2 years to get off of those things because of the brain zaps. I just cut them in half, took that size dose a month or so, cut that half in half and kept doing that.. In the end I was cutting a 10mg into 8 pieces.. I would take that little piece and once I got use to it, then I would skip a day for about a month.. then I would skip 2 days and on down until I was only taking a piece a week... then stretched that into 8 days, them 9 days, then 10 days... then just wait to see if I got the zaps and only take it when I did. I finally did get off of them and NEVER again will I take anything else like that again!

Old 11-20-2010, 08:45 PM

74 posts, read 113,069 times
Be very careful coming off Paxil or Effexor. Very very careful. Taper more slowly than what your doctor instructs.

Old 11-21-2010, 01:15 AM

3 posts, read 4,924 times
Try to gradually reduce the amount you're taking and you should be fine.

I've been on meds for over 4 years (now I'm a lot better and not taking any kind of pills for more than 4 years).

You need willpower!

Old 11-23-2010, 10:37 PM

1,265 posts, read 3,452,165 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EmeraldUndeniable View Post
Be very careful coming off Paxil or Effexor. Very very careful. Taper more slowly than what your doctor instructs.
I would discuss this with your MD first.

Old 11-23-2010, 10:42 PM

170 posts, read 531,930 times
Stop being a baby and quit..

Its not difficult man.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Mental Health